£2000 sistem, does it justify £480 speaker cables

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi i was at the show today and i had a chat about cables with the guys at chord company about getting some cables to mach my current interconnects( chord cobra 3) and they suggested a £40m ( epic ) cable and considering that i will need 4 x 3m runs ( 12m)to biamp . it would come up to £480 the sistem would consist of cd player preamp and two power amps now i dont mind spending money on my hifi but i would like to know if this expense is justifiable

A

Anonymous

I've got some Chord Epic at home and it's a damm good cable, but.....I wouldn't put it in your system, I'd go for the Oddessy instead which will suit you far better, the Epic is Just oddessy with an outer foil.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="sex"]wat sistem have you got mate[/quote]

Quite a few (joke)...actually it's mainly NEAT mfs and Revolver Cygnis speakers,with a friends and mine own class D amplifiers and a Sonneteer.I was using Audience Au24 cables but will be using Acoustic Revive when I saved me pennies.I put the Chords Epic on the Neat MFS and got very good results, it's a very good cable.

A

Anonymous

Yes!

But I don't have loads of money, in my dreams maybe.

Anton90125

Sep 1, 2007
Visit site
Another post that will spawn a load of arguments.

A general answer to the question ( not Chord specific ), Yes if its the right cable in the right system.

A

Anonymous

Hi there,

I use Chord Odyssey cable with system (details below) and have found it to be a great cable and well matched for my system. I upgraded from Nordost Flatline.

System (interconnects):

IncaTech Design Katana cd player (Chord Anthem); Arcam A80 and P90 (Chord Chorus); Pro-Ject 6.1 / Ortofon MC15 turntable (Chord Chameleon silver plus); Monitor Audio Silver 8 speakers, bi-wired with Odyssey.

Hope this helps, Justin.

A

Anonymous

You'd be far better saving a bit an upgrading one of the main components.

A

Anonymous

my system if brand new cost > 2000 pound...so 480 pound still justifiable....in my opinion...expensive cable can deliver & much control i.e. at high volume...i'd compared nordost flatline gold biwire & blue heaven...& prefer blue heaven...

A

Anonymous

[quote user="maslian"]my system if brand new cost > 2000 pound...so 480 pound still justifiable....in my opinion...expensive cable can deliver & much control i.e. at high volume...i'd compared nordost flatline gold biwire & blue heaven...& prefer blue heaven...[/quote]

Not in my opinion. An amp or speaker upgrade would make more difference.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="mr_wazoo"]
[/quote]

u out of your mind ? i havent even finished it im still waiting for the cd player and preamp and u want me to upgrade one of the main components!LOL

A

Anonymous

[quote user="mr_wazoo"]
[quote user="maslian"]my system if brand new cost > 2000 pound...so 480 pound still justifiable....in my opinion...expensive cable can deliver & much control i.e. at high volume...i'd compared nordost flatline gold biwire & blue heaven...& prefer blue heaven...[/quote]

Not in my opinion. An amp or speaker upgrade would make more difference.

[/quote] U DONT GET IT DO YOU ALL THE COMPONENTS INTHE SISTEM ARE THE ONES I WANT AND HAVE AUDITIONNED!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="sex"][quote user="mr_wazoo"]

[/quote]

u out of your mind ? i havent even finished it im still waiting for the cd player and preamp and u want me to upgrade one of the main components!LOL[/quote]

In that case you're out of your mind considering a massive speaker cable upgrade when you havent even heard your system yet. If you had £480 spare why didnt you spend it on more expensive main components?

A

Anonymous

Why dont you see if you can get a no quibbles return policy and buy them, check them out, then stick them on a pair of scales with £480 on the other side. Keep or send back for a refund... or try a different pair.

A

Anonymous

£480 for cables is clearly absurd. What are they made of, Chinese palladium?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="mr_wazoo"][quote user="sex"][quote user="mr_wazoo"]

[/quote] u out of your mind ? i havent even finished it im still waiting for the cd player and preamp and u want me to upgrade one of the main components!LOL[/quote]

In that case you're out of your mind considering a massive speaker cable upgrade when you havent even heard your system yet. If you had £480 spare why didnt you spend it on more expensive main components?
[/quote]
mine was just a questio guys im in no way intrested in buyng the cables but i was wondering if the expence was justifiable thats it.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Zoot Horn Rollo"]£480 for cables is clearly absurd. What are they made of, Chinese palladium?[/quote]its true but u need to consider that i need 4 x 3meters runs to as i plan ti biamp so that means 12meters at £40m is £480.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts