Musical cables to improve bass performance and musicality? Does it exist?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

davidvann

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
hi kingsap i truly believe that power cables do make a diffrence to sound quality and good i/c ,i have tryed many in my time,but the best thing to do is to if you could loan some to see if you hear a diffrence,dont be quick to judge,i have found that it can take time to bed in.no one is the best critic other than yourself trust your own ears,dont be led by what others say.i have just bought a new mains cable and i am over the moon with the improvements it has made.check out clearer audio /darren really is very helpful and will be able to guide you on the best power cables and i/c for your system.

kingsap

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all the advice and comments :wave:

I just came back from some cable testing from a friends system. To my ears, there is no difference in sound. It is not a high end extravaganza system though. The cables were something called "harmonix" which is from what he told me $1800/ meter.

However in a car audio, i did find time to test the same cables. Blimey!! There is a definite difference especially in the mids which is more forward (not better, but a huge difference) Cables were jantzen if im not mistaken and changed to a harmonix (more than 20metres cable). So im not sure what is happening here. The car system is definitely high end! With mp-z studios and audiowave power monoblocks. (again if i remember correctly)

So i guess.....i have to try in my own system when it comes :boohoo: :boohoo:

TrevC

Singslinger said:
In my experience, some cables can add that something extra in the bass department. One brand I found to do so is Ringmat. They only make one brand of speaker cable and it isn't expensive, so I'd recommend checking them out.

A cable cannot add anything but a poor (too thin) higher resistance cable will drop volts. As the impedance of your average speaker varies with frequency this will change the sound, invariably for the worse. The magic wires at silly prices are pointless.

davidvann

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
i respect your view,but i have seen and heard for myself that they do make a diffrence.all im saying let the o/p decide for himself.cheers david

T

the record spot

TrevC said:
"there will be a difference between silver and copper"

Nope. Mythology.

Fair comment; there was however, a difference between the Nordost Blue Heaven (which is silver based) and the copper based interconnects I had at the time. The Blue Heaven got sold on and this is the only time I would claim a difference in cables of any great significance. It's now in French Polynesia I think. But of course, it was awry to suggest all silver based cables might be like this and I won't be going down that road again to find out it might be so, so the point is moot for me.

So, not quite mythology in my own experience.

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
After recomendations and following cable threads i have it in my head that 4mm copper is the way for me to go.

Question is at what price pm is fair....£5,£10,£15-20....or more?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts