Chord Odyssey 4 - overkill for Arcam A32/P35 & PMC TB2+?

Dan Turner

Jul 9, 2007
Visit site
I'm very happy with my system overall, but knowing that I'm only using fairly cheap speaker cables, I'm beginning to think about what gains I might realise by upgrading them.

System is Arcam CD37 and A32/P35 bi-amping PMC TB2+ speakers. Interconnects are Chord Chorus 2. Speaker cables are currently Van Damme 6mm LCOFC as recommended by PMC. I'm using doubled up single runs on each side. The cable was about £4 per metre and for me represented quite an improvement in overall clarity and especially bass compared with the QED Silver Anniversary Bi-wire I was using before.

So if I want to go for something a bit more up-market would the Chord Odyssey 4 be overkill (about £285 for 3m stereo pair by the look of it) and what opinions do people have over whether this would be suitable given my amp/speakers or what alternatives there are?

It is quite an expense potentially, so I plan to see if my dealer has a demo set I can borrow first.

Cheers.

Tonestar1

I wouldn't ever overspend on cables mate. They will never really give you a real upgrade compared to source upgrade. Minimal at best IMO. I'm sure more knowledgeable people may have other opinions on this. I'm just speaking from personal opinion on the modest upgrades I've made in the past.

lazar1980

Aug 17, 2008
Visit site
Dan Turner:
So if I want to go for something a bit more up-market would the Chord Odyssey 4 be overkill (about £285 for 3m stereo pair by the look of it) and what opinions do people have over whether this would be suitable given my amp/speakers or what alternatives there are?

Not sure what can you expect cause I dont know your cables but make sure to shop around since you can buy it cheaper, e.g.

http://www.hifigear.co.uk/site/scripts/product_browse.php?category_id=178&product_id=335

Cheers

A

Anonymous

I recenly added Odyssey 4 to my system and I felt it worth the expense. Im running audio labs bi-amped in to RS6's.

Only issue i have is when cutting the outer be careful not to cut the inner cable lining - will make sense when you buy the cable!

But this was my first real decent cable I brought and I was unsure when parting ith the cash, but once it was all plumbed in I was impressed.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Dan Turner:
I'm very happy with my system overall, but knowing that I'm only using fairly cheap speaker cables, I'm beginning to think about what gains I might realise by upgrading them.

System is Arcam CD37 and A32/P35 bi-amping PMC TB2+ speakers. Interconnects are Chord Chorus 2. Speaker cables are currently Van Damme 6mm LCOFC as recommended by PMC. I'm using doubled up single runs on each side. The cable was about £4 per metre and for me represented quite an improvement in overall clarity and especially bass compared with the QED Silver Anniversary Bi-wire I was using before.

It is quite an expense potentially, so I plan to see if my dealer has a demo set I can borrow first.

Cheers.

How is it overkill when you alerady have the Chorus 2 interconnect (Chord suggest at least the Odyssey with that interconnect)? I use the very same combination - it's fantastic.

crusaderlord

Apr 29, 2008
Visit site
I have Chord Epic SuperTwin on my system and it certainly wasnt overkill - was a worthwhile upgrade in my case but i only needed 2m each side.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts