Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Feel free to move if in the wrong thread, New here!. Recently purchased some Chord Odyssey 4 stereo cable. I'm not a wizz with this stuff, am running from a Rega brio R amp to B&W 683 speakers. The terminated end with banana plugs has the red and blue cables, bound together to the amp end, as red + and the black and white cable bound as black negative terminated end. The four wires at the other end I have some confusion about. Which do I run to high frequency and low frequencey in relation to what is terminated at the other end. I'm a noob with this stuff! and don't wanna ruin anything.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Red and blue should go to the + terminals on the speakers, doesn't matter which, but for the sake of neatness I'd put both reds to the tweeter or both to the woofer, and the blues to the other ones.

Likewise white and black should each go the the - terminals on the speakers. Again, it doesn't matter whether to the HF or the LF but for neatness (pedantry if you like) I'd put both whites to the HF and both blacks to the LF or vice versa.

TRENDING THREADS