Zeppelin Mini

Trahern

Mar 13, 2008
Visit site
Any plans to review the Zeppelin Mini? How does it compare to it's big brother? My daughter wants this for her bedroom -she's a huge music fan (mostly pop at the moment). Would she be better off with Mini which I believe is intended for smaller rooms or would the performance of the larger unit justify the extra expense. Thoughts/experience/comments please.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Obviously it's not going to be quite as good - maybe a little less full sounding, maybe a tad less power - as soon as someone's heard one maybe they can answer. We're just booking them in now, so if we can get a quick listen I can let you know.

Trahern

Mar 13, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. The January issue is going to leave it tight to get one in time for Christmas unless there is a good supply of them, so if you can help David that would be appreciated.

Trahern

Mar 13, 2008
Visit site
OK thanks Andrew, when I last looked at their website they were out of stock, but I did receive an email from them today to say they now had them.

A

Anonymous

Hi Trahern!

I've had the chance to listen to the Zep Mini (£299), Sonos S5 (£349, but no ipod dock on this) and original Zeppelin (£390).

The Mini seems well built and not too heavy. The rotating dock is brilliant to switch to CoverFlow and watching shorts videos. The remote is the same as the original Zeppelin and is limited in its functionality. The sound is excellent for such a small unit, but spread/width is limited as expected. I thought it had good bass depth and was pretty good with vocals too. It struggled with volume/output when its turned up (too high!). Pop music would be grand on it.

Its got a 3.5mm input for other sources and USB for syncing with iTunes and/or connecting it to a computer to listen to music through the Mini's speaker.

The Original Zep has better sound, but its bigger, has no rotating dock and its more expensive.

The Sonos sounds the best of the three by far though. Trouble is, its got no dock, so you'll need to buy a separate one (Apple Dock with remote?) and its full functionality is only exploited with an existing Sonos set up...

Hope that helps,

Raihan

D

Deleted member 2457

Looks nice
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts