admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello All

I have just purchased a Yamaha Z7 av amp and i'm wondering if it takes a little while to run in? i understand it will sound better when warmed up, my kef speakers took sometime to sound at their best is it the same case for an av amp like this one too?

Also have any of you Z7 owners updated the 'firmware' ,i'm yet to check which version comes installed on mine and if i need to bother anyway.

Regards.

A

Anonymous

jasonh:

Hello All

I have just purchased a Yamaha Z7 av amp and i'm wondering if it takes a little while to run in? i understand it will sound better when warmed up, my kef speakers took sometime to sound at their best is it the same case for an av amp like this one too?

Also have any of you Z7 owners updated the 'firmware' ,i'm yet to check which version comes installed on mine and if i need to bother anyway.

Regards.

Latest firmware is 1.11

http://download.yamaha.com/downloads/service/search/product

Most amps are better when burned in

A

Anonymous

Ok thanks for reply,i've been playing 'blade runner' for an hour or so and its looking and sounding a little better than when first viewed couple of days ago.

Nice set-up you got there btw.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for info,

Also something else i have noticed is when skipping chapters or tracks i'm getting a fraction of a delay in the sound being played resulting in slight loss of information being clipped off, i have played around with settings so that the Z7 does all the processing when upscaling dvds etc but not sure if all are set correctly.

I let the amp do auto set-up with the mic and noticed it put the centre speaker being small at 60hz crossover and the sub at -9 db which surely is incorrect when all over speakers have been set around +7 db............. any ideas what the settings should be on average or what yours are set at.

Many Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts