Yamaha Soavo 2 speakers - any reviews or opinions?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Heard these recently and was mightily impressed, but there's no review of them I could see in What Hi-Fi. There is one in a rival mag, but generally there's not much on them.

After a lucky break on ebay I'm now looking to upgrade my speakers (I have Epos ESL 3s) at the moment and am wondering what people think of the Soavos. I'd guess that they're overkill for my NAD 320 amp, but that upgrade is for the future, and, when it comes, it will be Primare.

Should add I've found a pair at half-price, otherwise they'd be out of my price bracket.

A

Anonymous

Last months magazine had the Soavo 2s in a system test with the matching Yamaha reference CD player and amplifier, but they were held as the weak point in the system. They received three stars - a nice warm sound, but lacking compared to the speed, clarity and dynamics that other models can offer. That said, I like the looks and I'm fairly sure it's the crossover at fault because the cabinet and drivers are very good!

T

the record spot

Hi Fi World rate them highly, which is where I suspect you saw them, and have them listed as one of the current "World Standards". If you can get them for half price, they must be worth some serious consideration I'd have thought. The Soavo 2's are the floorstanders at £2k normally is that right?

A

Anonymous

the record spot: The Soavo 2's are the floorstanders at £2k normally is that right?

No, they are standmounts...

AND THEY ARE ALSO IN A PICTURE 728 PIXELS WIDE. PLEASE REFORMAT TO 400 PIXELS MAX WIDE - HOW MANY MORE TIMES DO WE HAVE TO TELL YOU? - Mods.

A

Anonymous

I have a pair of Soavo 2s which I got off ebay. They were very good with my Quad 909 & Quad CDP2 but I found there was even more to be had when I got a second 909 and bi-amped them. They really sing, have punch and incredible clarity. On top of that they have that some times important WAF.

Buy a pair and enjoy upgrading your other components up to their level.

Regards Chris

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts