Yamaha Safety Warning

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
For all hi-fi equipment manufactured between 1980 - 1982.
Models affected by the safety announcement are the A-760, A-760II, A-960, A-960II and A-1060 stereo amplifiers; M-50 and M-70 power amps and B-6 amplifier.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
the record spot:It's taken them that long to discover this???

"During on-going quality assurance tests that we regularly undertake
for our entire portfolio of products..."

This sort of thing probably happens regularly (with models of a similar vintage) from many brands, but we never hear about it because the other manufacturers don't regularly revisit old models for ongoing safety checks in the same way that Yamaha do.

T

the record spot

Yeah, I posted before Andy popped the news item up. Reassuring they still do and it's not the kind of thing you can do without the benefit of thirty years use. Hard to replicate otherwise I guess.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
If anything, it has made me think even more seriously about buying a Yamaha amplifier. (A-S700 or A-S1000).

This attention to product safety - 30 years on - is really quite impressive.

Their candidness about a fault that was never likely to be blamed on them (but more likely just blamed on using old electronics) is refreshing in the extreme.

T

the record spot

If it's of any interest, Audio Emotion in Scotland (Leven, to be precise) are doing the A-S2000 amp for £625 with a 5 year warranty thrown in. Well worth considering given that's well within the ballpark of the other two. Big amp though, you'll need plenty of space at the back to fit it in!

T

the record spot

Andrew Everard:
the record spot:Yeah, I posted before Andy popped the news item up.

News story posted at 10.25 this morning.

Andy's post about a second or two after mine...sorry Mr. E, hard to believe though it is, the WHFS&V news pages aren't the first news pages I reach for in the morning!
emotion-5.gif

T

the record spot

Yep, my first post wasn't too clearly worded though. No worries!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
the record spot:hard to believe though it is, the WHFS&V news pages aren't the first news pages I reach for in the morning!
emotion-5.gif

Ah, y'see that's where you're going wrong. I have them set up, along with a load of other stuff, in the excellent 'morning coffee' bolt-on for Firefox, so they come up automatically...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts