Cheapest Bluetooth for Yamaha amp that doesn't suck

gasolin

Yamaha R-N301 + dynaudio emit m10 and a ifi signature 1 sounds good

But airplay doesn't works smooth,it's stutters on my android phone, spotify,netradio doesn't work

I can get something like a ifi zen air blue but new it's more then what my amp costs, newer models have the same 2x100 watt in 8 ohm amp

So why sell my amp and buy one of the cheapest yamaha amps with bluetooth,net radio and what ever new models have like musiccast

The yamaha amp,the android version on my phone + thje Yamaha software and my amp don't work together but bluetooth is stil possible (external unit)

What is the cheapest option to get bluetooth (since i might only use occationally it has to be cheap) that doesn't suck ?

This one ? https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/blue...ansmitter-micro-sd-rca-jack-35mm-p-17228.html

I would like to stay under 25 euros with shipping, amazon.de is possible so if you know something on amazon.de that would work, that would be nice

Last edited:

Witterings

Unless I've misunderstood what you're asking it sounds like you have some decent equipment there but the problem seems to be the phone?

I wasn't quite sure why you're saying airplay which is for iphone / ios isn't working on your Android phone which won't have airplay?

If the ifi signature 1 has BT and it's not working with that, why's it going to work with any other receiver ..... surely the answer is change the phone?

gasolin

I haved no bluetooth for my amp

latest yamaha app just don't work with my phone and amp

airplay is stuttery (non apple product)

If possible one with optical or coaxial out since my amp has a digital in so the sound wouldn't be determined the unit's quality but more how good the dac in my amp is

Witterings

See if you can find a 2nd hand WiiM Mini on fleabay ... not sure how much they go for but probably not much more.

Mii stuff is normally quite good https://www.amazon.co.uk/1Mii-Bluet...o+audio+receiver+btr+1800n,aps,87&sr=8-5&th=1

Or I'll sell you a 2nd Neet for £30 + postage which I used for a couple of years, I've got the charge lead but don't think I've got the wall charger / box / manual ... probably hidden so well from the wife I won't be able to find them myself :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• IMG_2603.jpg
    IMG_2603.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2604.jpg
    IMG_2604.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2605.jpg
    IMG_2605.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 1

gasolin

To expensive and since it's outside of europe, there is import taxes and handling fee as fare as i know

the airplay don't work very good and no network radio (i think it costs money) i just wanted to have something in case i want to use it,something to play with😜

Like i have a bt ultra compact amp and when ever i for some reason need one, i have it, because of of the price of my amp i didn't wanted something expensive

To expensive i could just have bough an amp that had bt ,musicast,heos or what is possible to get streaming,internet radio.

I found a https://www.tp-link.com/dk/home-networking/entertainment-device/ha100/ for 22 euros + shipping (had to buy something else so shipping that place was only 1 time) and a 50cm cable on amazon for 14 euros (only have a cable that is to long, i desided to go for a cable instead of a mini jack to rca adapter)

Last edited:

Cricketbat70

Feb 2, 2023
Visit site
See if you can find a 2nd hand WiiM Mini on fleabay ... not sure how much they go for but probably not much more.

Mii stuff is normally quite good https://www.amazon.co.uk/1Mii-Bluetooth-Receiver-Wireless-System-B06-Black/dp/B07KTK8YP3/ref=sr_1_5?crid=2YH69ZE77GN8J&keywords=neet+bluetooth+pro+audio+receiver+btr+1800n&qid=1698854089&sprefix=neet+bluetooth+pro+audio+receiver+btr+1800n,aps,87&sr=8-5&th=1

Or I'll sell you a 2nd Neet for £30 + postage which I used for a couple of years, I've got the charge lead but don't think I've got the wall charger / box / manual ... probably hidden so well from the wife I won't be able to find them myself :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Hiding gadgets from the wife..mmm sounds like me.

"And how long have you had this?"

"Ages darling why" I'm not lying it is ages by the time she finds it🤣

Reactions: DCarmi

Witterings

Hiding gadgets from the wife..mmm sounds like me.

"And how long have you had this?"

"Ages darling why" I'm not lying it is ages by the time she finds it🤣

Went through a very addictive hobby of flying RC planes going back 10 + years ago.
One of the guys at the club got "busted" with a new aquisition when he bought a brightly coloured one .... after that he went back to only buying blue ones :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Cricketbat70

gasolin

Get it today and using it

It works, easy to use,sound is good BUT

The sound has a high pitched sound using my amps usb for power, nothing using the power supply that comes with the unit, so that is good

volume is to low, even using bluetooth volume boost apps it's not loud enough, most is medium and trying bt volume boost it just distorts, i think my turntabel gives me much more volume although not quit as loud as my pc,cdplayer

Using my cheap 11 euro bt speaker i fell the sound is louder

Last edited:

My2Cents

Nov 10, 2023
Visit site
It seems like you have all the gear you need. As another poster has stated... Airplay is for Apple.
I think you need a new phone and download the latest Yamaha MusicCast and Spotify apps.
This will allow you to use Spotify connect direct to the R-N301. Unless something is broken or you don't have Wi Fi?

gasolin

ha ha my phone is to new (android) and amp to old, i don't use spotify and premium that costs is what you most have for spotify to work with an spotify compatible amp, music cast my yamaha r-n301 doesn't support

Last edited:

My2Cents

Nov 10, 2023
Visit site
ha ha my phone is to new (android) and amp to old, i don't use spotify and premium that costs is what you most have for spotify to work with an spotify compatible amp, music cast my yamaha r-n301 doesn't
You suggested in your original post that you use Spotify. Now I'm guessing that you just use the free version. Spotify Connect still works with the free version and should be able to connect with your R-N301 and the 301 does support it. You could try a system INIT and/or a Firmware update on the 301... see the owners manual (it's available at Yamaha's web site).

gasolin

i didn't suggest i use spotify

I said spotify doesn't don't work (unless you buy spotify MABYE it will work)

Spotify should only works if you have premium, i don't need it to work on my old amp, i use tidal

Last edited:

My2Cents

Nov 10, 2023
Visit site
i didn't suggest i use spotify

I said spotify doesn't don't work (unless you buy spotify MABYE it will work)

Spotify should only works if you have premium, i don't need it to work on ,my old phone, i use tidal
You also said that your phone is new... "ha ha my phone is to new (android)", at least that's how I interpreted that statement. Now you say "my old phone".
If you use Tidal connect, it will definitely stream to the 301. It sounds like you need a Firmware update on the Yamaha.

Rodolfo

Jul 31, 2023
Visit site
This was my first Bluetooth transmitter-from Amazon.com and still under $25. I got 2 and connected them to aux inputs on two older devices, a Cyrus One and a Nakamichi SoundSpace 8.I recall being surprised how easily they connected and how well they streamed music from the microSD card in my Microsoft Surface Pro 2, which I still use. I never tried streaming from a phone with these, but the source always matters. My older Samsung phone has always streamed fine.

gasolin

This was my first Bluetooth transmitter-from Amazon.com and still under $25. I got 2 and connected them to aux inputs on two older devices, a Cyrus One and a Nakamichi SoundSpace 8.I recall being surprised how easily they connected and how well they streamed music from the microSD card in my Microsoft Surface Pro 2, which I still use. I never tried streaming from a phone with these, but the source always matters. My older Samsung phone has always streamed fine.

That's a logitech bt receiver https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Blu...logitech+bluetooth+transmitter,aps,149&sr=8-4

Fandango Andy

Yamaha R-N301 + dynaudio emit m10 and a ifi signature 1 sounds good

But airplay doesn't works smooth,it's stutters on my android phone, spotify,netradio doesn't work

I can get something like a ifi zen air blue but new it's more then what my amp costs, newer models have the same 2x100 watt in 8 ohm amp

So why sell my amp and buy one of the cheapest yamaha amps with bluetooth,net radio and what ever new models have like musiccast

The yamaha amp,the android version on my phone + thje Yamaha software and my amp don't work together but bluetooth is stil possible (external unit)

What is the cheapest option to get bluetooth (since i might only use occationally it has to be cheap) that doesn't suck ?

This one ? https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/blue...ansmitter-micro-sd-rca-jack-35mm-p-17228.html

I would like to stay under 25 euros with shipping, amazon.de is possible so if you know something on amazon.de that would work, that would be nice
I use a Logitech on a second system in my study. A little over budget at about £39 but has worked seamlessly for five years,

If you can stretch your budget, a Wiim Mini is amazing for £80. It has bluetooth for when you need it, but is a streamer so uses wifi so is far better quality than bluetooth. If you ever want to upgrade it you can add an external DAC (via toslink) and it will sound even better.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts