Yamaha rxv 1800 or the Denon 2309 - which is better ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
As above really - only buying for movies , have hdmi items - cant decide /know which is the better one!

If anyone has either could you leave some feedback please.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

so there is no-one on here with either of these amps and no-one knows anything about them either ??

A

Anonymous

Well , thats very helpful !

Lots of help here i see for some reason -wonder why !?

A

Anonymous

I don't know the Denon but i own a RXV 1800 and it's a great amp. The RXV 1900 will be available in the next month or so. I'm upgrading to the RXV 3800 or RXV 3900.

A

Anonymous

I think your expectations are a little out of kilter.

I hope you see the irony over getting so worked up about a device thats supposed to provide relaxing entertainment.

ÿYou only posted a question a few hours ago about a receiver that probably hasn't even made it into the shops yet. Have you asked any local stores when they will be getting the Denon in stock so that you can go and have a listen to them both? Also, have a think about listening to them with the speakers you intend to couple up to them. Failing that your into a cycle of feature comparison, which is no fun at all.

ÿMaybe you could be the first to inform us about your opinion of which sounds better.ÿ

From what I hear, there are very few pigs of receivers out there amongst the main names so which ever you buy, just enjoy it.

Hope this helps. ÿ

A

Anonymous

Well, i can't really go Demo anything without driving at least 40 + miles as there is nothing near me .

I posted the question over 20 hours ago and i thought there would be some people with at least knowledge of the Yamaha amp -if not the Denon as yet.

It is out and people have got it- but if i went all the way to demo ( they probably wouldn''t have my budget speakers in ) -i would buy somewhere i got the best price -which definately wouldn''t be local to me as i have already spoke to them and not one will match the prices i have found !

Thats the reason i was asking for feedback on here first - before i had to spend another £30 odd in petrol .

I am not very well off and been saving for this amp for ages .

A

Anonymous

WOW !

Thanks for such a great response - i am overwhelmed at all the replies especially from the ones that have probably heard /tested these amps !

So kind of the experts to help !

A

Anonymous

I can understand your frustration. Me too in the same boat. I am undecided whether to go for Denon 2309 or 2809 or Yamaha 1900. But you cannot really help when the products are launched in stages globally and not at one go. If you are impatient there is a choice like the way I am doing. I have placed order for Denon 2309. Shall try it. If not happy, speak to your dealer forehand and get it replaced.

EDITED for house rules violation - Mods

A

Anonymous

Yamaha have had a good long history in this sector. Granted, there have been duds along the way, like any other manufacturer, but when Yamaha are on the ball, they can't be beaten. Right now, Yamaha have bounced back from a low point a couple of years ago, and are producing products which really are the benchmark for their price point. Their cheaper amps may not have as many HDMI's as some of their competition, but an A/B comparison shows just how much they're ahead of the game audibly. Their mid priced amps, the 1800/3800, soon to be 1900/3900, are represent amazing value for money.

Even if you don't use Yamaha's unique DSP processing, they still sound better than the competition. They're easy to set up and extremely reliable as well, making them a very safe bet for those who are undecided about what to go for.

A

Anonymous

I recently had a showroom demo of the Yamaha rxv1800 hooked up to the B&W MT-30 speaker package. An outstanding performance. Superb build quality& rock solid reliability I would expect. I haven't listened to the Denon, but after listening to the Yamaha my mind would already be made up, if that makes sense!!
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

I have cancelled out the Denon - its now between the Yamaha 1800 and the new Onkyo 706 !!

A

Anonymous

I just got the 2309 for £530 after having negotiated the price down from £599. I can say that it is great, no complaints and it has 7.1 pre-outs.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
What an odd thread. Seems to only have been replied to by the original poster who expects responses from every expert under the sun within 2 hours and a few people who either like Denon or like Yamaha amps.
Anyway, to the OP - are you actually asking someone else to make your own mind up for you as you might have to drive 40 miles to audition it? It's a nice idea, but what if the person recommends it whole heartedly and you actually hate the system? Is it their fault or yours?
Sorry if this seems offensive but I think it deserves it - ask your question and await a reply. If you get none, it probably means no one on the forum within the 20 hours you left the question has any suggestions. Perhaps if you leave it a week, you might get a reply?
Otherwise, take the matter into your own hands for god's sake and stop blaming this forum for not making the decision you apparently can't make yourself.
EDIT - ahh, with this kind of attitude:
gib1357:It is out and people have got it- but if i went all the way to demo ( they probably wouldn''t have my budget speakers in ) -i would buy somewhere i got the best price -which definately wouldn''t be local to me as i have already spoke to them and not one will match the prices i have found !
I now see why local dealers aren't interested.

A

Anonymous

Cronos:I recently had a showroom demo of the Yamaha rxv1800 hooked up to the B&W MT-30 speaker package. An outstanding performance. Superb build quality& rock solid reliability I would expect. I haven't listened to the Denon, but after listening to the Yamaha my mind would already be made up, if that makes sense!!
emotion-2.gif

Hi Cronos,

How would you rate the Yamaha 1800 vs. your Onkyo 876?

A

Anonymous

I own the new yamaha rx-v1900, bought it a week ago, before that I had a yamaha rx-v2600, with both AVR I was tremendously happy, the only reason I upgraded to the 1900 was because of the new HD codes.

Never even thought about buying another make, nothing can beat a yamaha, niet at these prices.

The new yamaha has 7 x 180w, for example the new denon 2809 has only 7 x 110w, onkyo....good but ugly, and I would rather fry an egg in a frying pan, not on top of my receiver, so there was little competition, the yamaha is more for less.

Until now I am one happy bunny, good on yer Yammie.

A

Anonymous

Stevefilmfreak, do you mean 7 x 130w not 7 x180w? I have the RXV 3800 and also very happy with it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts