Which is best Yamaha rs202d or Cambridge audio axr1000

Stuart83

Jul 22, 2023
Visit site
Hi I have a Yamaha rs202d which sounds good with mission mx3 speakers but I upgraded to the q acoustics 3080i and it's just not as good at all, it's left me disappointed as I know the q acoustics are the better speaker, they just sound flat through the Yamaha where as the missions are full of life, I've looked at a heavily discounted Cambridge audio axr100 and it's apparent ability to power large floorstanders very well in the reviews but thought I'd ask people who might know better, im wanting to spend around 480 £ and would be open to better suggestions but it has to be 100watts and have 4 speaker terminals or a sub woofer output, the Cambridge audio fits the bill and does well apparently but Im worried it too will sound flat with the q acoustics therefore I would appreciate any suggestions from people in the know, it would be great if someone owns one or has heard the Cambridge audio amp with floorstanders, I'm just not where I want to be with the Yamaha and don't want to revert back to the missions and a sub woofer, please help

Stuart83

Jul 22, 2023
Visit site
Thanks, I'm just concerned I'm going backwards as I'm not sure if the Yamaha is as good as the Cambridge audio? The rs202d got raving reviews but it's just not up to the task, it's no where near 100watts as advertised my pioneer a400 is much much more powerful at its stated 80watts, I was warned of this by richer sounds but the missions are louder with less power than the q acoustics, maybe you have an amp in mind that's more suited, I'm willing to pay a little extra for the right amp, I've been looking at acram and mission but they are only 50watts, I'm not knowledgeable about newer hifi only the older stuff now classed as vintage

gasolin

Mabye Q Acoustics 5040 would be a better match for your needs and amp ?

Considered concept 40 instaed of the 3050 i ?

Last edited:

Stuart83

Jul 22, 2023
Visit site
I haven' but will look as you have took the time to suggest, I got into the q acoustic 3050i from the raving reviews and the they were a steal at 399 as an ex display item, they came faulty so were replaced with new ones 😊, the Yamaha rs202d is a budget amp which just isn't up to the task especially the lie about the 100watts claim, richer sounds flagged it up recently after complaints so in my interest I metered the outputs at 68 watts peak but nowhere near that with most recordings, it's a fun little amp for the money but I'm wanting something better, I've found an acram sa20 but again know nothing about them, the reviews are all over the place some loving it but others not, hifi is a very personal thing as we all know, I'm 40 and still love the pioneer a400 sound but it's lacking the connectivity of what I need now, I need 100watts and Bluetooth, a woofer out would be good but not essential, all the amps I'd normally pick aren't powerful enough, the mission Cyrus etc sound amazing but would struggle with the volumes I listen at, it pains me to look past them, I'm guessing by your suggestions that you know what your talking about and I would love any suggestions, I'm new to the site so not certain on how to navigate and keep stumbling on people's arguments which isn't for me, I have budgeted 699 £ for the task, if I could find something that sounds like the a400 of yesteryear but with Bluetooth etc I'd get that, sorry for over talking but it's best you know the situation, it is the amp I'm looking to upgrade I haven't given up on the 3050i yet

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts