Yamaha RX-V863 or RX-V1065, which one is better?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Both these Yamaha Receivers has same power output i.e. 105 watts @ 8 ohms & identical features, the only difference is that RX-V1065 has usb port. Now can anybody tell me that which one is a better buy? Also will these receivers be able to handle speakers of 50-180 watts @ 8 ohms? Thanks!

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
We havent taken delivery of the 1065's yet so cant say for sure but things generally improve year on year. The 863 is no longer available so you may have trouble tracking one down but if you can get one it is a great amp. Any money saved could be spent elsewhere in the system for bigger gains.

Snazee:Hi, Both these Yamaha Receivers has same power output i.e. 105 watts @ 8 ohms & identical features, the only difference is that RX-V1065 has usb port. Now can anybody tell me that which one is a better buy? Also will these receivers be able to handle speakers of 50-180 watts @ 8 ohms? Thanks!

Hi Snazee

The RX-V1065 has not come into the UK yet so i cannot comment on the differences. The RX-V1065 will have a RRP of £750.00 and at this sort of price i would go for the RX-V1900 (even though it too is due to be replaced) as they can be had around £800.00.

All three Yamaha's should power the speakers.

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS