dave_onstage

Dec 26, 2023
Visit site
Hi there,

I recently bought myself a Yamaha R-N600A network Hi-Fi amplifier. When the volume is as low as it can go, the speakers and headphone output make a very low humming noise (around 50Hz, audible if close enough to the speaker).
Do you think it may be a defect with the amplifier? Or a ground loop problem? I can often hear electrical humming noises in my house so I guess it's to do with a ground loop.

Many thanks,
David

Hi there,

I recently bought myself a Yamaha R-N600A network Hi-Fi amplifier. When the volume is as low as it can go, the speakers and headphone output make a very low humming noise (around 50Hz, audible if close enough to the speaker).
Do you think it may be a defect with the amplifier? Or a ground loop problem? I can often hear electrical humming noises in my house so I guess it's to do with a ground loop.

Many thanks,
David
Not too sure you can have a ground loop without knowing what you have connected to the amp itself.

My2Cents

Nov 10, 2023
Visit site
Although the UK version of the R-N600 may come with a 3 pin wall plug I think you will find that it doesn't actually use the ground pin. US spec. versions only come with a 2 pin wall plug (with a standard 3 pin IEC male socket on the back of the amp. the ground pin of which is not used).

TRENDING THREADS