Yamaha R-N 602.....I want one!!!

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone heard the Yamaha R-N 602??? I'm really interested in these not least because of their versatility. Struggling to find a review anywhere and my local Richer didn't have one for me to demo today....

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
knaithrover said:
Has anyone heard the Yamaha R-N 602??? I'm really interested in these not least because of their versatility. Struggling to find a review anywhere and my local Richer didn't have one for me to demo today....

just get it.. I'll bet it's good..

lpv said:
knaithrover said:

just get it.. I'll bet it's good..

Tell them you are really interested and they'll get one in. Nobody can really tell you what it's hour to sound like in your system.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
This does everything the newer R-N602 does bar the musicast multiroom function. Up to £150-200 cheaper if you shop around.

I have heard it alongside the cheaper R-N301, which is clearly less good in all respects, The R-N500 is more solidly built, more functional and sounds better.

That said the '602 is very new and I have yet to see one.

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
davedotco said:
This does everything the newer R-N602 does bar the musicast multiroom function. Up to £150-200 cheaper if you shop around.

I have heard it alongside the cheaper R-N301, which is clearly less good in all respects, The R-N500 is more solidly built, more functional and sounds better.

That said the '602 is very new and I have yet to see one.

Plus WiFi and bluetooth which is what has really got me interested...it also has MM Phono input, I can get rid of some boxes. I'm only really interested though if it sounds good.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Get one. Reasonable price and has all the toys, Airplay and Bluetooth to keep everyone happy. It still looks lke a refugee from the 1980s - like most Yamaha hi-fi - but thats not a bad thing if it brings the 1980s standard of Yamaha build quality as well. I'd go for black and find someone to make polished hardwood ends for it.

Yahama rarely make any 'duffers' in their hi-fi range. Even the maligned (by WHF) old A-S700 sounded big and smooth and lovely.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
chebby said:
Get one. Reasonable price and has all the toys, Airplay and Bluetooth to keep everyone happy. It still looks lke a refugee from the 1980s - like most Yamaha hi-fi - but thats not a bad thing if it brings the 1980s standard of Yamaha build quality as well. I'd go for black and find someone to make polished hardwood ends for it.

Yahama rarely rarely make any 'duffers' in their hi-fi range. Even the maligned (by WHF) old A-S700 sounded big and smooth and lovely.

One of the reasons I often suggest the 'older' RN-500 is that it feels much more substantially built than the newer models, the admitedly cheaper RN-301 feels flimsy in comparison.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
davedotco said:
chebby said:

Yahama rarely rarely make any 'duffers' in their hi-fi range. Even the maligned (by WHF) old A-S700 sounded big and smooth and lovely.

One of the reasons I often suggest the 'older' RN-500 is that it feels much more substantially built than the newer models, the admitedly cheaper RN-301 feels flimsy in comparison.

It boasts 'ART' base chassis build quality ('Anti-Resonance and Tough') the same as the R-N500 did. The R-N301 makes no such claim as far as I can see. One of the reasons it's cheap and the R-N602 is £450 I suppose.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
chebby said:
davedotco said:
chebby said:

It boasts 'ART' base chassis build quality ('Anti-Resonance and Tough') the same as the R-N500 did. The R-N301 makes no such claim as far as I can see. One of the reasons it's cheap and the R-N602 is £450 I suppose.

I have not, as yet, even laid eyes on a '602, let alone had the chance to play with one.

In any case, for what it costs the '301 is a spectacularly well featured product, the '500 sounds a bit better (to my ears) but until recent price drops was rather more expensive. Though clearly an old model with stock to clear, the current sub £300 pricing makes it an attractive proposition.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts