Wireworld Aurora Power Cable

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Bluesboy

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Just to end this thread with an interesting article , here's a review of Wireworld cables I found. http://www.wireworldaudio.com/reviews/SchroederReview.pdf

He does say you need a hi end system to hear the benefit of these cables. This article rings true to me. I think he's genuine. I'm sure all the skeptics will call him a fraud. Ho hum :)

So the result of this thread and that review is that I've come to the conclusion that it's not worth upgrading my budget system with a fancy mains cable. I can't afford it anyway! The GAS has passed.

Good and lively forums these. I'll be back for more advice for sure...

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Bluesboy said:
So the result of this thread and that review is that I've come to the conclusion that it's not worth upgrading my budget system with a fancy mains cable. I can't afford it anyway! The GAS has passed.

FFS.

I'm off to lick a Frog. *unknw*

Bluesboy

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Bluesboy said:

FFS.

??

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Bluesboy said:
CnoEvil said:
Bluesboy said:

FFS.

??

Have you read through your own thread?

Bluesboy

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Bluesboy said:
CnoEvil said:
Bluesboy said:

FFS.

??

Yes. What's your pointCno?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Bluesboy said:
CnoEvil said:
Bluesboy said:
CnoEvil said:
Bluesboy said:

FFS.

??

You mean we went through all that and you're not even going to try one!

My comment was not meant as any sort of criticism, but laughing at this ridiculous hobby we all seem to enjoy.

Bluesboy

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Bluesboy said:
CnoEvil said:
Bluesboy said:
CnoEvil said:
Bluesboy said:

FFS.

??

You mean we went through all that and you're not even going to try one!

My comment was not meant as any sort of criticism, but laughing at this ridiculous hobby we all seem to enjoy.

So many people have said they hear no difference with expensive cables. I do believe they can make a big difference, but probably only with hi end systems. Maybe that's why most people notice no improvement. I just can't justify spending so much on a cable, as much I want to! If I was convinced I'd get joy I'd definately order one. The money will probably be better spent on an amp upgrade though. I may do that next year if I can save up some cash. Then maybe some decent cables too. For now I'll enjoy what I have, which is pretty good by my standards. I do crave a 3D soundscape though. That craving will have to be satisfied at some point..!!

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Bluesboy said:
So many people have said they hear no difference with expensive cables. I do believe they can make a big difference, but probably only with hi end systems. Maybe that's why most people notice no improvement. I just can't justify spending so much on a cable, as much I want to! If I was convinced I'd get joy I'd definately order one. The money will probably be better spent on an amp upgrade though. I may do that next year if I can save up some cash. Then maybe some decent cables too. For now I'll enjoy what I have, which is pretty good by my standards. I do crave a 3D soundscape though. That craving will have to be satisfied at some point..!!

That is all eminently sensible...even though I'm still counting my battle scars. *smile*

I have a personal rule, which is never spend more on cables than would bring a bigger improvement elsewhere in the system.

Bluesboy

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
That is all eminently sensible...even though I'm still counting my battle scars. *smile*

haha yep these forums are quite feisty. Not a wasted thread Cno. Thanks for your efforts. I've leaned a fair bit in the last few days.

Bluesboy

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
Bluesboy said:
...I've leaned a fair bit in the last few days.

Obviously not about cables but at least you knowledge of psychedelic frogs will have improved a little. ;)

Well they say psychedelics are mind expanding. Maybe you should give it a try. Any frogs down there in the sand where your head is buried?

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
... and I think I am cured.

I can't believe it took so long but I finally come round to the fact that cables, from mains to speaker and interconnects can't reasonably make any difference as long as they are manufactured to specification.

I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

Ahh, only kidding :)

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
does this image move for you? yes or no?

Optical%20Illusions%20%28293%29.jpg

well it's static. It doesn't move. That's your brain doing that. Funny things brains.

Now, would you go to all your friends and say look at this moving picture, isn't it cool? Or would you say to them, hey look at this cool optical illusion, it makes it look as though it's moving?

I could say, hey trust your eyes, if you see it moving, it must be moving and don't pay attention to any of those scientists and neigh sayers, what do they know.

Or I could say, hey we know about optical nerves, brains etc to the extent that we know that this is a picture that will make it look as though it's moving, even though it's not.

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
drummerman said:
... or you could just try a screened AudioFriendly Silver Mains Cable (ebay) for 20quid and marvel at how nice it looks and the improvement it may (or may not) makes.

I know you want to ... really :)

I'm sure the movement would be more defined and have better timing and the colours would stand out more ;) hehehehe.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
cheeseboy said:

well it's static. It doesn't move. That's your brain doing that. Funny things brains.

Now, would you go to all your friends and say look at this moving picture, isn't it cool? Or would you say to them, hey look at this cool optical illusion, it makes it look as though it's moving?

I could say, hey trust your eyes, if you see it moving, it must be moving and don't pay attention to any of those scientists and neigh sayers, what do they know.

Or I could say, hey we know about optical nerves, brains etc to the extent that we know that this is a picture that will make it look as though it's moving, even though it's not.

... or instead of staring at dotty pictures you could just try a screened AudioFriendly Silver Mains Cable (ebay) for 20quid and marvel at how nice it looks and the improvement it may (or may not) makes.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
cheeseboy said:
drummerman said:
... or you could just try a screened AudioFriendly Silver Mains Cable (ebay) for 20quid and marvel at how nice it looks and the improvement it may (or may not) makes.

I'm sure the movement would be more defined and have better timing and the colours would stand out more ;) hehehehe.

You've been looking at to many dotty pictures :)

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
cheeseboy said:

Or you perhaps you could intead say, " Isn't the brain cool for fooling me like this? I might just accept being fooled for a while and enjoy the pretty moving picture with everybody else", instead of saying "Fools! Fools! you are all imbeciles! I refuse to look at or enjoy the pretty picture because I know it is an illusion! I prefer my life to be true and pure even at the cost of missing out on some of the enjoyment that my brain can trick me in to experiencing. Fools!".

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Gazzip said:
cheeseboy said:

Or you perhaps you could intead say, " Isn't the brain cool for fooling me like this? I might just accept being fooled for a while and enjoy the pretty moving picture with everybody else", instead of saying "Fools! Fools! you are all imbeciles! I refuse to look at or enjoy the pretty picture because I know it is an illusion! I prefer my life to be true and pure even at the cost of missing out on some of the enjoyment that my brain can trick me in to experiencing. Fools!".

It doesn't move for me so I feel happy to tell you it's an illusion when you claim it does and even happier to criticise those people who are trying to sell it to you for exhorbitant prices.

Chris

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Gazzip said:
Or you perhaps you could intead say, " Isn't the brain cool for fooling me like this? I might just accept being fooled for a while and enjoy the pretty moving picture with everybody else",

I totally agree, however in the hifi context those people are few and far between, which is a shame, because it would be nicer if more people did this - and that's from all sides. There's the odd person on here that I have seen say that, and hats off to them.

Gazzip said:
instead of saying "Fools! Fools! you are all imbeciles! I refuse to look at or enjoy the pretty picture because I know it is an illusion! I prefer my life to be true and pure even at the cost of missing out on some of the enjoyment that my brain can trick me in to experiencing. Fools!".

True, but then what about those saying "how dare you tell me it's an illusion because if I see it, it must be true, and anybody who tries to tell me otherwise is blind and couldn't tell their arse from their elbow, or their monitor is not expensive enough to apprecaite the movement of the picture" ;)

Those comments on both side of the fence don't help anybody imho.

TRENDING THREADS