Will Dynaudio X12 + Naim Nait 5i-2 be a good match?

mustachesound

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I've listened a few system recently (including Monitor Audio RX2 / Dynaudio X12 with Musical Fidelity M3i + M1DAC / Cyrus 8 DAC) and apparently i like the way the Dyn X12 with MF M3i + M1DAC combo. I made a few calls to dealers in my town and no one have the Dyn and Naim in the same store, so i wouldn't have the chance to test the amplifiers with the speakers. I was wondering have anyone listened to the Dyn x12 and MF M3i + M1DAC combo before and the naim nait 5i-2 and wouldn't mind to share your feedback here? :)

Thank you.

mustachesound

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I've heard a lot bout the Rega Brio-R and Rega DAC. Will try have a demo with that together with the MF m3i + m1dac some other time for comparison :p. Cheers !

Hi mustachesound

Yes, Naim's Nait 5i and Dynaudio's Excite X12's are an excellent match
smiley-smile.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Exoticsounds

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
It seems that you really like Dynaudio X12, would it not be a good idea to just purchase those first? Then you would be able to bring them with you and test with different amps.

albireo

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
The Creek Evolution was a fantastic amp and an excellent match with my Dynaudio Focus 110, so I'd imagine it would be even better with the Excite (the latter being easier to drive than the Focus).

A

Anonymous

I've listened to a Creek Evolution set up with a pair of Dynaudio Excite x12, and it sounded absolutely fabolous.

It's a good combination.

Btw. so is Cambridge and Dynaudio.

Best,

Henrik

mustachesound

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
@musiccraft: u made my ears drooling lol.

@frankharveyhifi: I've heard that the Dyn speakers require more decent amplifier to drive it fully. Not sure if the Naim Nait 5i does. M3i with the Dyn x12 was the best for what i had listen so far, well... i mean for myself, my personal preferences :p i understood everyone had different taste of listen :) I'll try listen to the Rega Brio-R with Dyn x12 some other time. Might as well as the Creek evolution.

@Exoticsounds: Yes, i love the Dynaudio x12 very much. Totally enjoy and no fatigue for hours of listen. Sweet sound and clear details, so natural. Tried a couple speakers before i met Dyn (MA RX1, MA RX2, B&W CM1). Thats an alternative way to have an answer for myself as well. I was hoping if it's possible to buy everything in the same shop so that i could get a better deal and they'll quote me a ballpark price :p lol

@albireo: yea thats why i would like to put that into consideration as well. Saw a lot possitive reviews on the Creek amps. Mind if i ask how would you describe the Creek amplifier ? :)

@hbuus: someone has told me that the naim was very similar to the cambridge audio couple days ago. what would you think? :)

Thanks everyone

TRENDING THREADS