Question Replacing Naim Nait 5i with Bluesound Powernode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lanica26

Nov 13, 2020
Visit site
Hi wise ones!

Hoping you can help shed some light on my next hifi upgrade.

We have a pair of KEF R500 floorstanding speakers powered by the Naim Nait 5i amplifier. It is a system we bought 10 years ago and that we still love. Unfortunately we now listen to our music digially 90% of the time so instead of using our nice set-up, we end up streaming to the Google Speaker (yikes, I know!). So we really need a solution to stream music to our hifi system. So, I've ended up with almost deciding on the Bluesound Node (2021) - seems like it ticks all the boxes.

Until I realised - why not get the Bluesound Powernode instead? Our Naim Nait 5i amp already has one of the inputs not functioning (the AV one) and woudn't it be better to spend an extra €400 and just upgrade the amp AND add streaming?

So wise ones - what would be your thoughts on that? My two concerns are 1) sound type (would the Powernode be much different from the Naim in combination with the speakers - we love the mid-tones/balanced and refined sound we get from the combination)? 2) connecting our wire-ended speakers with the Powernode - would we need to get some type of banana plugs or such to put on the cables?

I have seen several YouTube videos testing the Powernode with some KEF speakers, but they are not the big floorstanding ones we have...

Really appreciate ANY and all input on this! Thank you

prince albert

May 7, 2020
Visit site
You are considering, just what I done a few months ago
to replace naim amp with power-node 2.i, I have both, alternatively being used .
BUT the naim amp has its own sound which I am quite used too,, the power-node has a different sound
IMO is really good , in hindsight should have gone for just node 2.i and mated to the naim amp
Nevertheless I use both on different speakers ,focal and q acoustics 40
Pleased with both systems.
Hope this helps

Lanica26

Nov 13, 2020
Visit site
You are considering, just what I done a few months ago
to replace naim amp with power-node 2.i, I have both, alternatively being used .
BUT the naim amp has its own sound which I am quite used too,, the power-node has a different sound
IMO is really good , in hindsight should have gone for just node 2.i and mated to the naim amp
Nevertheless I use both on different speakers ,focal and q acoustics 40
Pleased with both systems.
Hope this helps

Thank you - very helpful indeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts