wifi dropouts disappeared by room change

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Very odd thing happened at the weekend.

I'd sort of given up on the airport express for the moment, due to recurrent dropouts. I reorganised the living room a bit so that my old powerbook and the new pair of 1TB drives were beside the amp and could run through my new DAC. With an iPhone as a remote I was happy.

Still the AE thing was bugging me a bit, so I took it into the kitchen and plugged it into the Pure DAB radio and tried the multispeakers option from iTunes, ie computer and airtunes.

it was perfect, not a single dropout all weekend. So the dropout causing interference must be at the front of the house, but not affecting sending of audio to the back of the house.

I'm pretty computer savvy and was surprised but pleased at this turn of events.

if you have this flexibility in your room use, then experimenting with position of the AE can help

John Duncan

Yeah mine's about to move, and coincidentally will now be able to be plugged into my router directly. I wasn't having issues with dropouts per se, but sometimes I did have issues with AE disappearing entirely, which hopefully will be eradicated.

El Hefe

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
Having bad expereince now with AE. Just bought it last night and decided to run it in for 24 hours, streaming music from iTunes. After 24 hours, it went kaput. No more light on the unit. Tried to reset and turning off and on again the power supply. Zilch. It still feels warm though. Any similar experience with you guys?

I guess back to the Apple store tomorrow.

A

Anonymous

Sounds like a dud, I'd take it back, but perhaps do not mention that you ran it 24 hours solid...

El Hefe

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
zzgavin:Sounds like a dud, I'd take it back, but perhaps do not mention that you ran it 24 hours solid...

Thats what I thought. But the AE should be able to hande continuous usage right? not much use if we can use only for a certain period before we have to turn it off and let it rest.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts