As time goes by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianrjones

Aug 31, 2023
Visit site
I used to purchase WHAT HI-FI magazine, in the mid seventies. I built KEF 104 ref speakers out of hi density chipboard and drinking straws. My amp was a TRIO (30w p c) and my T table was a GERARD SP 25 Mk 4. Before I got evicted, my house mate had a Japanese stack with PIONEER speakers. He used to go back to his hometown for the weekend. This was the time when THE WAR OF THE WORLDS was realeased on an unsuspecting public. To entertain a room full of stoned friends I extracted said PIONEER speakers to test them against mine.
DON'T BELIEVE EVERTHING YOU READ IN MAGAZINES. I DON'T.

Reactions: JDL

ianrjones

Aug 31, 2023
Visit site
My Hi-Fi is superior to most of your guys. And it only cost £4,000. Of course I don't have a turntable, and why should I. Tic-crackle. you are young. tic-crackle. I've been there, tic- crackle. I'm an old man. tic-crackle.
If you don't know your history, your future is doomed.

JDL

Jun 13, 2023
Visit site
My Hi-Fi is superior to most of your guys. And it only cost £4,000. Of course I don't have a turntable, and why should I. Tic-crackle. you are young. tic-crackle. I've been there, tic- crackle. I'm an old man. tic-crackle.
Yes......

I’m not sure what you’re on, but I definitely don’t want any of it.

JDL

Jun 13, 2023
Visit site
You seem to make rather too many assumptions, here in this post of yours. For starters many of us here are not young by any means. Quite possibly older and more experienced than you Sir. As for your Hi-Fi being as marvelous as you assert that it is.
Perhaps you'd like to tell us all what exactly it is. Then we can agree with you or not.
Nevertheless, notwithstanding your rather arrogant stance, I'm sure most of us can overlook that.
However facts, Sir facts. Not wild presumptive, unsubstantiated, self congratulatory boasts.

Last edited:
Reactions: WayneKerr
D

Deleted member 201267

Its the eccentrics that make this forum interesting, and, there has been a few over the years !

Reactions: WayneKerr

Stuart83

Jul 22, 2023
Visit site
And you base this on what exactly? Price? Brand? Superior thinking? Surely the best hifi in the ear of the beholder.
I love that "waynekerr" hifi is a personal thing, what's loved by one is loathed by another, stating price at 4000 points exactly to what some think is the way to acquire a superior sound, that type will have sum1 with a 25,000 £ system think there's is better still and so on, yet there are plenty of ppl who've spent 1000 and tap their feet with pleasure, there's times I listen to a system in one room then go to my living room and listen to my other system, both vastly different in almost every way but one and that's the fact I love the sound they produce

Reactions: JDL and WayneKerr

WayneKerr

I love that "waynekerr" hifi is a personal thing, what's loved by one is loathed by another, stating price at 4000 points exactly to what some think is the way to acquire a superior sound, that type will have sum1 with a 25,000 £ system think there's is better still and so on, yet there are plenty of ppl who've spent 1000 and tap their feet with pleasure, there's times I listen to a system in one room then go to my living room and listen to my other system, both vastly different in almost every way but one and that's the fact I love the sound they produce
Thanks Stuart and couldn't agree with you more (y)

I'm fortunate to now own a reasonable system but I 'hope' I don't brag about it as I really loathe financial p*ssing contests. The best system I heard in my lounge was a £1K system but the speaker positioning was completely unworkable for a functioning lounge. I spent multiples more than this to get something which sounded as good with compromised speaker positioning and think I've finally nailed it.

HiFi is always personal preference and what works best for you and your room, irrespective of price. I have no time for HiFi snobbery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts