As time goes by.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JDL

Jun 13, 2023
Visit site
Yes indeed. What's to get snobby about? It's all about the enjoyment of listening to music, whatever the monetary value of one's system. And we all have to start somewhere that's affordable, whoever we are. Most of us don't start with the same system that we end up with, after scrimping, saving, selling things, researching and soul searching.
We're all in it together whatever our hi-fi is.

ianrjones

Aug 31, 2023
Visit site
Ther
You need to answer your sweeping statement about your kit being superior to any of ours.
No No Wayne, Not superior to any of yours, but some. That's what I said. I will report the good or not headphones I have recently purchased soon. Making my system now £5,000. 4 x speakers next. to replace my 4 SONY's. Going on to £7,000 . Soon.
How many of you pass your old kit to charity?

Last edited:
Ther

No No Wayne, Not superior to any of yours, but some. That's what I said. I will report the good or not headphones I have recently purchased soon. Making my system now £5,000. 4 x speakers next. to replace my 4 SONY's. Going on to £7,000 . Soon.
How many of you pass your old kit to charity?
You actually said most.......
Why do you want 4 speakers in a hifi system?

Reactions: WayneKerr

ianrjones

Aug 31, 2023
Visit site
My listening room is rather small. But the ceiling is very high. There is no room for floor standing speakers. So they are bolted high up on the walls. As you can imagine, it can sound like a cave. But I found a way around it by spreading the direct (attack) by spacing the each pair of speakers about four feet apart. Defeating the natural resonence.
Thick carpets also help. But I can still hear the glass doors of the cabinets, which sing along.
I am not a novice at trying to get the best sounds. It's a never ending battle.
Please don't point your finger at me, I'm only human. IAN.

GeoffreyW

Sep 17, 2005
Visit site
I upgraded my Garrard SP25 Mk.4 for a JVC JLA 1, and also bought The War of the.Worlds, so can u understand why you'd want to ramp up the quality of replay. TWOTW is still getting played, but not as much
Enjoy.

My listening room is rather small. But the ceiling is very high. There is no room for floor standing speakers. So they are bolted high up on the walls. As you can imagine, it can sound like a cave. But I found a way around it by spreading the direct (attack) by spacing the each pair of speakers about four feet apart. Defeating the natural resonence.
Thick carpets also help. But I can still hear the glass doors of the cabinets, which sing along.
I am not a novice at trying to get the best sounds. It's a never ending battle.
Please don't point your finger at me, I'm only human. IAN.
I was simply wondering if this thread was in the correct subforum, sound more like a home theatre setup as whatever you have isn't a hifi system by most definitions.
How do you wire four speakers to a stereo amplifier?

Reactions: WayneKerr

JDL

Jun 13, 2023
Visit site
That may well be so. Nevertheless, that simply makes the necessity of his learning English more obligatory. Certainly if he feels the need to vent his boasts in public.

JDL

Jun 13, 2023
Visit site
My Hi-Fi is superior to most of your guys. And it only cost £4,000. Of course I don't have a turntable, and why should I. Tic-crackle. you are young. tic-crackle. I've been there, tic- crackle. I'm an old man. tic-crackle.
If you don't know your history, your future is doomed.

ianrjones

Aug 31, 2023
Visit site
🤣
He made a Blue Peter speaker, he didn't kill a member of your family 🤣
No he didn't, he took the piss out of KEF RF 104 speakers. Like I am too old to listen anymore. DAVIDF needs educating. The bf139 is still one of the best bass drivers ever made. And I won't back down. I'll be back Friday night. OP MAN.

ianrjones

Aug 31, 2023
Visit site
Don't take it personally.
Believe me, he wouldn't have intended to offend you.
Well I feel that he/she did offend me. That's what sent me into stupid rage. And expressed me to say a completely (profanity deleted by moderation) statement like the superior (ditto). I'm no fool, but the new punchbag. If I waited ten more weeks I would have bought the Yamaha SA 1200 . Now I'm stuck with the 701. Two pairs. Important to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts