Who is utterly content with their hi-fi?

mattc76

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
In other words who can listen to it for hours without ANYTHING even slightly bugging them about it?

emotion-42.gif

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
My system sound great but as we all know most things can be better.

I certainly can list for hours without complian (as long as the cds are well recorded
emotion-5.gif
)

kitkat

Jun 18, 2007
Visit site
Even with my quite modest setup I am very content with it, no matter what you have there is always better but you have to be content with what you have and upgrade as and when you can if you want too that is part of the fun of hi-fi, if you become obessed with always getting better you will loose the whole point of hi-fi, enjoying the music

A

Anonymous

[quote user="mattc76"]
In other words who can listen to it for hours without ANYTHING even slightly bugging them about it?

emotion-42.gif

[/quote]

I don't seem to ever get tired of mine at the moment. I can listen to it almost all day. It wasn't always like that though! Always room for improvement though.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="JoelSim"]I am happy[/quote]

but could you be happier? ;-)

while i am very happy with my system at the moment and will happily enjoy listening to it for hours on end. however, i sometimes find myself thinking "what would it be like if i changed x,y or z", "could the treble be more refined'? it doesnt bother me enough to do anything about it (mainly because i cant afford to) but the thoughts are still there...

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Oh dear.
If I would be disappointed if I couldn't just get into the music. Even on my cheapo setup in my kitchen, I can enjoy my music.

T

the record spot

[quote user="mattc76"]

emotion-42.gif

[/quote]

Me. :)

Lugs

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Your not supposed to be content with your hifi, car, kitchen, bathroom, etc etc of the economy would stop and I wouldn't have anything to read about or be interested in working for a living!

A

Anonymous

If anybody is truly happy with their set-up...they wouldn't be on this forum...take a deep look at your hi-fi and tell me there isn't one thing you would change...better interconnects, better DAC, better phono stage...

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Hughes123"]If anybody is truly happy with their set-up...they wouldn't be on this forum[/quote]

2nd that mate and they wouldn't be buy any HiFi mags either
emotion-44.gif

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="Hughes123"]If anybody is truly happy with their set-up...they wouldn't be on this forum...[/quote]

Why not? They might just like nattering hifi to someone who doesn't find it boring as hell (aka most wives...)

Saying that, I think there will always be a niggle somewhere...even if it is only v.slight...

A

Anonymous

I am content to a certain extent, but I know that it could do with some tweeks here and there...like a better DAC, better interconnects, removal of Maplin speaker cable....

A

Anonymous

Yes absolutely, hours and hours, well at least until the tinnitus kicks in. I wouldn't enjoy listening to music otherwise.

It is what it is.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts