Where have all the HiFi members gone?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

tonky

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
I haven't read all these posts - some of the posts may have alluded to a small handfull of regular posters (and maybe not so regular) who respond /reply ad nauseum/last word itis etc - putting across THEIR opinion in a manner which can become quite arrogant and rude almost abusive. It puts people OFF big time.

Show some respect people!

tonky

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
relocated said:
. . . Room treatment might be too far for me, but then I've never needed proper room treatment AFAIK.

With all due respect Relocate, I never thought I needed room treatment utill I tried the simple, no cost, folded blanket pinned to the wall. Having first established the most likely effctive positions, it took a few hours of trial and error and using the mirror refection method to discover what I had not heard before, 'the good and the bad in my room'. I had got used to what it sounded like and my brain seemed to compensate . . . as best it could.

Sadly, you are reinforcing my feelings, you have not tried it but say 'you do not need it', how do you know untill you try?

Ho-hum, Sunday afternoon, I think I will pin the blanket to the wall, make a cup-a-tea, relax and enjoy some music, its wet outside.

CJSF

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Sospri said:
are What Hi Fi too proud or too stupid to realise what the problem is.

The deep cynic in me would suggest that they're more interested in all those 'top ten' articles and retreads of things they've read/which are proving popular elsewhere on the internet, designed to get as many clicks as possible to allow them to sell space on the site to advertisers at higher prices.

Wouldn't be at all suprised if the 'powers that be' view these forums as an historical nuisance which would take far too much effort to do properly, and which they'd be more than happy to see wither and die, not least because that would then remove a platform for reader dissent from the One Truth of the World's Most Trusted Tech Reviews (or whatever the self-deluding slogan is this week).

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
"Sadly, you are reinforcing my feelings, you have not tried it but say 'you do not need it', how do you know untill you try"?

I don't need it because I don't have any issues with the set-up that I use. Believe me until I went 'active' I was a constant tweaker but I absolutely have NO desire any more, none whatsoever. I have no itch to scratch.

Doesn't stop me being interested in what other people are doing though. It's been lovely here, shame about your rain.

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
relocated said:
. . . It's been lovely here, shame about your rain.

. . . yes, so we listen to a couple of favourit Spotify albums, then a play on iPlayer.

I had planned to maiden test fly a new 12ft (3.6m) glider this afternoon, but thats winter weather for you, there is lots of time between now and spring*smile*

CJSF

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
CJSF said:
relocated said:

. . . yes, so we listen to a couple of favourit Spotify albums, then a play on iPlayer.

I had planned to maiden test fly a new 12ft (3.6m) glider this afternoon, but thats winter weather for you, there is lots of time between now and spring*smile*

CJSF

I'd like to hear more about this glider thingy, maybe start a thread?

bankzzy

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Probably got pissed off as the website is bloody awful, twice have tried to do a post and it then just disappears...copy & paste doesn't work....grrrrrrrrrrrrrr...............will look for other hi-fi forums to discuss my problem!!

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
CJSF said:
Freddy58 said:
CJSF said:
relocated said:

CJSF

Hi Freddy, I've been building model aircraft since I was 5 years old, and flying R/C models since 1969, in those days we made every thing, including the radio control.

Start a thread . . . ?

Not realy hifi is it, but if any one wants it, may be a Q&A thread to start with. I bet there are a few closet model flyers out there . . . ???

CJSF

Hiya CJ.

You could start a thread in the 'Off topic' section
thumbs_up.gif

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Freddy58 said:
CJSF said:
relocated said:

CJSF

Hi Freddy, I've been building model aircraft since I was 5 years old, and flying R/C models since 1969, in those days we made every thing, including the radio control.

Start a thread . . . ?

Not realy hifi is it, but if any one wants it, may be a Q&A thread to start with. I bet there are a few closet model flyers out there . . . ???

There is a heading:-
Off-topic and miscellaneous Anything not to do with hi-fi or home cinema - the place for inconsequential twaddle. Not sure about 'incosequential twaddle'*preved*
CJSF

D

Deleted member 2457

bankzzy said:
Probably got pissed off as the website is bloody awful, twice have tried to do a post and it then just disappears...copy & paste doesn't work....grrrrrrrrrrrrrr...............will look for other hi-fi forums to discuss my problem!!
Not good.

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
bankzzy said:

and the swear filtre doesn't work anymore either...

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Freddy58 said:
CJSF said:
the place for inconsequential twaddle. Not sure about 'incosequential twaddle'*preved*

CJSF

That's what this forum needs more of *biggrin*

There we go, all those threads that have been stated under the wrong forum heading . . . *pardon*

andyjm

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
gel said:
bankzzy said:
Not good.

The lack of 'copy and paste' is indeed a major pain. Much of the unreliability of websites like this can be overcome by writing a long winded post in 'Word' then copying it across. No good if 'copy and paste' doesn't work.

My rambling 'Sonos journey' post has just disappeared somewhere.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
andyjm said:
gel said:
bankzzy said:
Not good.

The lack of 'copy and paste' is indeed a major pain. Much of the unreliability of websites like this can be overcome by writing a long winded post in 'Word' then copying it across. No good if 'copy and paste' doesn't work.

Copy and paste works in Chrome but not in Internet Explorer.

D

Deleted member 108165

steve_1979 said:
andyjm said:
gel said:
bankzzy said:
Not good.

Copy and paste works in Chrome but not in Internet Explorer.

That's very interesting, Steve, thank you. Unfortunately I'm quite happy with IE as my browser and have no plans to change just to get full functionality to this one site... WHF get your act together - the old forum had full functionality regardless of browser, this new one is just pants!

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
bankzzy said:

Bankzzy, your post was in the moderation queue, it has now been published.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
andyjm said:

Hi andyjm, your post was in the moderation queue, it's now been published. Apologies for the delay - the spam filter was being over zealous.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
DougK said:
That's very interesting, Steve, thank you. Unfortunately I'm quite happy with IE as my browser and have no plans to change just to get full functionality to this one site... WHF get your act together - the old forum had full functionality regardless of browser, this new one is just pants!

IE has a long history of not conforming to web standards, I don't know if that's still the case now but it was entirely possible in the past to create a website that adhered perfectly to the appropriate standards that worked perfectly in every other browser but not in IE and yet still people expect the websites to be changed.

D

Deleted member 108165

The_Lhc said:
DougK said:

IE has a long history of not conforming to web standards, I don't know if that's still the case now but it was entirely possible in the past to create a website that adhered perfectly to the appropriate standards that worked perfectly in every other browser but not in IE and yet still people expect the websites to be changed.

Thank you for your explanation but I stand by my previous comment. IE works perfectly on every other forum that I am a member of. I like IE and have no intention of adopting Chrome or any other browser just to interact with this site... Guess, like many others, I should be on my way.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I'm still around - just busy with job, moved into new house so have "jobs" that need doing at the weekend, plus still enjoying my PS4 when I can all equals less time spent on the forum. I browse more than I post nowadays though, mostly because I seemed to only be posting on the contentious threads before!

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
The new site is still awful. I thought I would get used to it but no..........it's still awful. Why change something good (the old site) and turn it into this mess ? I don't get it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts