WhatHifi tests

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Further to Mr_Poletsky's 'switch box' thread I was wondering how you (WhatHifi) test equipment in a group test. Do you plug/unplug every different component/speaker or do you use some switching devise?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Lots of pluggery and unpluggery going on - switch boxes are hardly conducive to good sound and pictures, as anyone will tell you who audititioned speakers way back when with one of those old in-store comparators.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="Andrew Everard"]Lots of pluggery and unpluggery going on - switch boxes are hardly conducive to good sound and pictures, as anyone will tell you who audititioned speakers way back when with one of those old in-store comparators[/quote]

Yes. Just thought I remember one of the mags or a manufacturer did design an 'audiophile' switch box which was used in group tests some years back and perhaps now still. Thanks

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="Andrew Everard"]Not by us. We did have one of these for a while ages and ages (and I mean years) back, but we haven't used it for yonks and I have no idea where it is now.
[/quote]

Thats the one
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

I remember that, sad isn't it. It must be from the mid 90's when I started buying WHF. I thought at the time it would become a ubiquitous testing tool. It did cost alot and was claimed to be transparent signalwise. I was young though...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts