Any Market For Slightly Faulty WiiM Pro?

Witterings

Do you think there's a market for a slightly faulty WiiM Pro and if so what it's worth .... once every 5 / 6 days it drops off the network, unplug and plug it back in again and it works fine and takes all the updates.
Guess if someone needed a Pro for some reason as opposed to a mini but had restricted budget it may be of interest.

I also have a brand new one sealed in a box .... any thoughst what that might be worth, I'm thinking of selling them both and buying a Pro Plus for a project.

Fandango Andy

Do you think there's a market for a slightly faulty WiiM Pro and if so what it's worth .... once every 5 / 6 days it drops off the network, unplug and plug it back in again and it works fine and takes all the updates.
Guess if someone needed a Pro for some reason as opposed to a mini but had restricted budget it may be of interest.

I also have a brand new one sealed in a box .... any thoughst what that might be worth, I'm thinking of selling them both and buying a Pro Plus for a project.
Didn't the Pro only launch last summer? It should be under warranty.

Reactions: Symples

Fandango Andy

Yes it is and they replaced it instantly, that's the one I mention that's still sealed.

I dropped them a message and asked if I could pay the difference to get the ProPlus but they were so quick off the mark they'd already posted the replacement Pro.

That explains it. Good that they replaced it so promptly.

You could always stick it on ebay and see.if anyone is interested. No issue with listing something that isn't in 100% working order as long as you are transparent in the description.

DiggyGun

Mar 2, 2021
Visit site
Yes it is and they replaced it instantly, that's the one I mention that's still sealed.

I dropped them a message and asked if I could pay the difference to get the ProPlus but they were so quick off the mark they'd already posted the replacement Pro.
As you haven’t tried the new one as it’s still sealed, how do you know it’s not got the same issues.

It could be your network causing the issues.

DG…

Witterings

As you haven’t tried the new one as it’s still sealed, how do you know it’s not got the same issues.

It could be your network causing the issues.

DG…

Becuase I have a 2nd one plugged into the same switch, I also raised a ticket and it was them that came back and said it was faulty and they were going to replace it.

The only thing it could possibly be is the last ethernet cable that connects it to the switch added to they made a mistake .... may be worth me switching the cable but it's probably unlikely to be that.

Reactions: DiggyGun

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts