Anonymous

Probably a Linn system, I've heard this before and it sounded wonderful:

CD12
LP12
Klimax Kontrol
Klimax 500 Solo (x8 i think it was) or Klimax Chakra 500 Twin
Komri or Artikulate 352a Floorstanders

Retail is about 60K for that lot i think

I can't think of any other system i've heard that sounds as good, but then i've not heard that many truly high end systems. The McIntosh system at the 2005 or 06 scottish hifi show in glasgow sounded lovely, even though the set up seemed rubbish and the room very much too small

Blainetoner

Feb 5, 2008
Visit site
I don't know if they are any good....but i always dreamt over owning a set of those black spiral shell looking, £35k B&W Natilus speakers. So they'd get a good audtion if i won the lottery.

A

Anonymous

To be honest, right now my own system in a normal sized living room, and not my cramped bedroom where it's currently residing combined with some Dynaudio Focus 140's or KEF XQ20's instead of my B&W's.

That would make me a very happy man indeed, hopefully in two or three months..

Anton90125

Sep 1, 2007
Visit site
Something I saw at a hifi show.

Tim de Paravicini had a moded EAR valve amp directly coupled to a pair of quad electrostatic speakers. There was no transformer in between. The cables connecting the speakers carried several 1000 volts. Scary!

The sound was so real and immediate, easily the best I have heard. Only a Lowther/300b set up comes close.

I don't know if he pursued this commercially given the high voltage coupling and dangers of a serious shock. If he did then this to me would form the core of an ultimate system.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
One I can't see. It has no cables, no remotes, invincible speakers and sounds true to life loud or quietly. It projects whatever I am playing holographically into my room.

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="drummerman"]
One I can't see. It has no cables, no remotes, invincible speakers and sounds true to life loud or quietly. It projects whatever I am playing holographically into my room.
[/quote]

Apart from the first three items (non-sound related) have you ever heard a system that can do the latter items?

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="fatboyslimfast"]
Apart from the first three items (non-sound related) have you ever heard a system that can do the latter items?

[/quote]

... in a view to making them come true ...

John Duncan

[quote user="drummerman"]
[quote user="fatboyslimfast"]

[/quote]

... in a view to making them come true ...
[/quote]Speakers. 802s, and Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signatures have come closest to this ideal, for me, on the end of Rega (bizarrely) and Primare respectively. If I had the room, I'd have electrostatics.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
Naim DVD5, TAG McLaren Audio AV32R and 100x5R:10, PMC speakers all round, Fujitsu plasma - umm hold on a moment...
[/quote]

If you've got everything you want, then the only possible option is the vdh Health Ring

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="JoelSim"]If you've got everything you want, then the only possible option is the vdh Health Ring[/quote]

Knew there was something missing

A

Anonymous

Harbeth Monitor 40

NAIM CD555

2x McIntosh MC252 Bi-Amping

McIntosh C200 Pre-Amp

SME Model 30 Turntable with Koetsu Onyx Platinum Cartridge

Ridiculously expensive cables.

A

Anonymous

Well I want a surround setup using the monitor audio platinum range. Pl300's fronts, sides and rears with the PLC center. I guess by the time I get it, they'll have released the sub too. I want it to be in such a huge room, I can have no quarms about placing them at least 2m away from any obstruction, cept for the telly perhaps. Which'd be a biggie, looking at that samsung 52" jobbie with the 96 'dim zones' controlling the brightness of the back lights giving true black (reviewd that yet btw WHF?). Amps, I'm sure krell do a showcase 7.1 preamp/processor. I'd use Krell monoblocs too, 3 for triamping each speaker.

I've never heard any Krell kit, but I've heard of them. Not a bad word, except people cursing of their newfound bankruptcy;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts