Question What's your dream system?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

podknocker

I think they are really elegant and modern looking speakers.

Their design is a world away from the tweed smoking jacket look of top line Tannoys etc.

You can get them in orange and red, but I think they discontinued my favourite blue colour.

I bet they sound great on the end of a really grippy, powerful amp.

It's a shame I'm not minted and don't have a massive place to enjoy a pair.

Last edited:

JDL

Jun 13, 2023
Visit site
Ha ha. On YouTube, in Turkey, there's some number of really beautiful, very large, very expensive luxury yachts for sale. I was surprised how many were flying the Red Ensign.

Witterings

The old joke: How do you turn a billionaire into a millionaire?
Buy him a yacht.

One mutibilionaire (probably quite smart if you've managed to accumulate that amount of wealth) said on a chat show .... if it floats, flys or fonicates ... rent it .... it's cheaper in the long run.

let's get this thread back on track please....

In light of this shot across the bows .... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::tearsofjoy: no pun intended of course.

This time was my last week was my last night staying on a luxury yacht hotel in Gibralter pics / link here

Now this boat was a lot cheaper than staying in a hotel which were quite expensive and the rooms wouldn't have had much of a sound system in them but this had 2 incredible systems.

The amp on the top deck was Clarion which I haven't heard of for years with Airplay built in and Sony weatherproof speakers which sounded amazing spread around the deck ... only downside, it wouldn't re-connect immediately when we'd been out for an evening but at 3/4 am it'd suddenly decide it wanted to pick up from the last thing that was playing on my phone and wake half the marina up ... including me wondering who the inconsiderate illegitimate child was.

Below deck was some older Bose system without any way of streaming but an abundance of CD's to play and I must admit sounded absolutely amazing.

Now I've thrown admin into a turmoil as to whether it's on topic or not .... book it for a few days and listen to the sound system on it then decide :LOL::LOL:

Last edited:

JDL

Jun 13, 2023
Visit site
Ok back to the dream system. I've always liked the look of those Tannoy Speakers that look like pieces of furniture but cost far too much for me to even consider or a set of B&W 802 maybe. As for amplifiers, I don't like valves. Maybe a Marantz PM 10. But they are extremely rare outside Japan and very, very expensive.
I think those Rotel Michi X3 Amplifiers look extremely cool and are very expensive. I think when I read about them they're meant to be very good. As for CD players, top range Meridian for me please.
This is all based on my very limited knowledge or lack of it.

Ok back to the dream system. I've always liked the look of those Tannoy Speakers that look like pieces of furniture but cost far too much for me to even consider or a set of B&W 802 maybe. As for amplifiers, I don't like valves. Maybe a Marantz PM 10. But they are extremely rare outside Japan and very, very expensive.
I think those Rotel Michi X3 Amplifiers look extremely cool and are very expensive. I think when I read about them they're meant to be very good. As for CD players, top range Meridian for me please.
This is all based on my very limited knowledge or lack of it.
Nice.
A dream system doesn't need to mean you have any knowledge of how it will sound in your listening room... :)

Reactions: Witterings

AJM1981

My current systems are on par with what I consider my favorite (I don't have hi-fi dreams)

Living
Wharfedale Evo 4.2
Yamaha wxa50 amp
B&W asw608 sub

Bedroom
Wharfedale Denton 85th anniversary edition
Arylic a50+
Polk psw10 sub
(Configured Dsp with Acp workbench)

For the far future I am considering replacing the Evo 4.2 with the Elysian 2 (basically the Evo 4.2 with a larger volume cabinet) but still don't know. Also a model of Leak audio amp probably suits more in optical design but I think my current amps are more versatile on paper.

Last edited:

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
My absolute HiFi system is to own every music concert events around the world, I will have my own air conditioning executive suite and a nice pretty woman to bring in the house wine, away from the sweaty crowd and avoiding flying beer bottles filled with urine.
Yep dream on, I settle for nice cables hahaha 😂

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts