what do you think about Panasonic AG-W1 VHS recorder?

stalker9

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I am looking for hi-end VHS recorder - I like analogue movies very much. What do you think about Panasonic AG-W1? Does it have quality picture?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Argos are still advertising this Panasonic DVD/VCR recorder ...

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5339006.htm

(I have done an online stock check and my local Argos has it in stock so I assume other branches might have it, or it will available to buy online.)

I used a similar (older) Panasonic DVD/VCR recorder when I first started buying DVDs years ago and it gave very good service whilst I still had old VHSs kicking around.

I recall it did a certain amount of 'improvement' or upscaling to the VHS picture.

Once I had transferred my most irreplaceable recordings to DVD I went on to Panasonic DVD / Freeview / HDD recorders for a few years. (Like a PVR with a DVD player / recorder built-in.)

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
If I was you I'd hunt-down a combi-unit with a DVD recorder and transfer all of your irreplaceable videos to DVD. This will possibly be problematic with commercial releases because of copy protection, but it shouldn't be a problem on anything you've recorded yourself.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
I've just had a look at this on ebay, i don't think many people on this forum know much about that machine, you are obviously into your vhs movies, if you like it why not take a gamble and purchase it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts