Question electrocompaniet eci 80d quality and reliability

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

janul

Sep 22, 2023
Visit site
I suggest you should try to be both less defensive and confrontational.

If you go back to the original comment, the suggestion was to try another forum that may be more helpful to your particular concern.
Ok I suggest to leave that nitpick about sugestions as it is,
but At the begining of the forum there is written that I "blame" manufacturars, you know what, yes I do often, is that wrong?

Fandango Andy

Ok I suggest to leave that nitpick about sugestions as it is,
but At the begining of the forum there is written that I "blame" manufacturars, you know what, yes I do often, is that wrong?

I am sorry, I don't understand what you are saying.

When you say forum, do you refer to your original post? I have already responded to that.

Furthermore, you mention blame, where is the blame? I thought you appeared to be asking the question is something wrong? The likelihood based on the evidence presented that there isn't.

janul

Sep 22, 2023
Visit site
I am sorry, I don't understand what you are saying.

When you say forum, do you refer to your original post? I have already responded to that.

Furthermore, you mention blame, where is the blame? I thought you appeared to be asking the question is something wrong? The likelihood based on the evidence presented that there isn't.
Well if you enjoy this type of conversation and topic, scroll a bit or try to use ctrl + f put there "blame" or "blaming". Apparently You come into the middle of this conflict debate for what? to explain me what the other guy intention was to say?

Fandango Andy

Well if you enjoy this type of conversation and topic, scroll a bit or try to use ctrl + f put there "blame" or "blaming". Apparently You come into the middle of this conflict debate for what? to explain me what the other guy intention was to say?

No, I have read all the comments. I was trying to be diplomatic. When I say I don't understand, I take it that English isn't your first language. No criticism, or offence intended, you are doing better at communicating than I could in a language other than my own. However, although most of the words you use are English, their structure does not for coherent sentences, resulting in your intended point quite literally being lost in translation.

To paraphrase what has happened. It appears your amplifier has a poor internal design due to outputs passing near magnetic fields. Others have suggested:
*The amp has good reputation for sound quality
*You, yourself have reported you like the sound.
*The website from which you copied the image makes no mention of the perceived issue.
*This isn't the best forum for such a technical question, a better forum was recommended.
*You raised concerns without actually formulating them into a question.

I accept this is a replacement amp as the original was faulty, however, none of your comments have been worded in such a way to make this germane to your original point.

In conclusion; based on the information provided and a quick Google of your amplifier, you have a well regarded, but not class leading product within its price. There is no suggestion of a design flaw. You like the sound it makes, therefore you should just enjoy it. If you stop enjoying it trade it in for something that is to your liking.

janul

Sep 22, 2023
Visit site
No, I have read all the comments. I was trying to be diplomatic. When I say I don't understand, I take it that English isn't your first language. No criticism, or offence intended, you are doing better at communicating than I could in a language other than my own. However, although most of the words you use are English, their structure does not for coherent sentences, resulting in your intended point quite literally being lost in translation.

To paraphrase what has happened. It appears your amplifier has a poor internal design due to outputs passing near magnetic fields. Others have suggested:
*The amp has good reputation for sound quality
*You, yourself have reported you like the sound.
*The website from which you copied the image makes no mention of the perceived issue.
*This isn't the best forum for such a technical question, a better forum was recommended.
*You raised concerns without actually formulating them into a question.

I accept this is a replacement amp as the original was faulty, however, none of your comments have been worded in such a way to make this germane to your original point.

In conclusion; based on the information provided and a quick Google of your amplifier, you have a well regarded, but not class leading product within its price. There is no suggestion of a design flaw. You like the sound it makes, therefore you should just enjoy it. If you stop enjoying it trade it in for something that is to your liking.

thank you for your long reply in good meaning, I asume I was offensive and I if sombody here feel be offended by me, you included I am sorry.
Regarding the amplifier, I came from axa35 to cxa81 then naim xs2 (bought second hand) and now I have to say I consider eci 80d upgrade dispite I miss a bit a "strenght" of naim. Hm I was considering rega elicit expecting better transparency than naim, but once I auditioned borroved eci I decided to pull the trigger and I do not regret at all, now I am going to enjoy and discover this brand more in depth becouse it really called my attention like no other.

Jan

janul

Sep 22, 2023
Visit site
I was not offended, but it came across that you were offended by people who clearly meant none.

Good luck on your hifi journey.
Thank you but, well, I kind of do not get that I was not offended, ..let me come back also to your previous answer as well as this one, I trully apreciate the time and effort you toke to read the thread,. However I have to say I am fully aware of what was written here, e.g. I do not need repeat in points, I did get that the forum is not good to ask technical question, but when sombody tells me that I am here to blame manufacturers, well, if this is not ofensive than what is it. Did you find it?
Now I will not go back all the thread to specify what is written where, however I do not agree with your judgment here who is ofensive and who is not .
My initial intention was to find out sombody to tell me something about what I see in the picture and possible conseuencies. There are two meaning full answers here to my question, 1 forum is not the best for technical questions,
2, explanation that my concerns about the cabling and location is not that big issue like dry conections. And I got It, and the rest of this thread was about, well you see. Was I offensive? yes I was. were other people here ofensive? well you made your statemen...so that

DougK1

Jan 4, 2024
Visit site
Janul, I appreciate that English is not your first language but let me make myself really clear here. I never said you were not welcome here. I thought I was trying to be helpful, obviously not, because you took immediate offence to my response.

I have been an active member on this forum for 12 years, I have seen many new posters arrive here with the intention of trashing certain brands of hifi kit. Your opening post looked like you were here to do this by targeting two brands directly.

At the end of the day all that really matters is that your system sounds good to your ears. What is under the hood is important too, but if it sounds good and suits your needs, end of story. If tidiness under the hood is important to you then purchase something which looks good but might sound rubbish.

If you felt offended then I apologise, but I will refrain from commenting on any more of your posts. I wish you luck.

janul

Sep 22, 2023
Visit site
Janul, I appreciate that English is not your first language but let me make myself really clear here. I never said you were not welcome here. I thought I was trying to be helpful, obviously not, because you took immediate offence to my response.

I have been an active member on this forum for 12 years, I have seen many new posters arrive here with the intention of trashing certain brands of hifi kit. Your opening post looked like you were here to do this by targeting two brands directly.

At the end of the day all that really matters is that your system sounds good to your ears. What is under the hood is important too, but if it sounds good and suits your needs, end of story. If tidiness under the hood is important to you then purchase something which looks good but might sound rubbish.

If you felt offended then I apologise, but I will refrain from commenting on any more of your posts. I wish you luck.
Hello, thank you very much for comeing back. I apreciate it and happy to hear from you. Yes I felt offended, not by much so, and yes my reaction was not any polite/correct I assume. As you clarify your intention, appologies is not necesary, but thank you for your attitude. I see what you told about newcomers and their/our offensive and blaming behaviour and I belive I can understand it. My assumption from this is, Hifi components which I do not like can be liked by others so. I take in consideration this.

Wish you nice Sunday

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts