what do i spend my money on!?!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Im going to make a few upgrades but thought id ask what you would change!? Im going to spend roughly 2.5-3k and may spend a bit more after xmas if i think its worth it! But what do i go for to make the biggest improvement? My current set up should be listed below. Thanks!

A

Anonymous

Well I see you didn't upgrade your speakers since your last questions. Did you give up?

A

Anonymous

Yeah ive had no chance to demo any and as you can probably guess from my question got stuck reading about too many different items to know what to go for so thought id see if anyone had any suggestions before i go mad lol

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
I am guessing that the Denon/KEF combination produces a full, warm sound - are you really unhappy with it, or have you just got the itch to upgade?!! ÿIf I'm right about the sound (I'm just basing my view on a few things I found online), I would expect you to be able to inject more dynamism and excitement into your listening experience, if that's what you want. ÿAs I've discovered myself previously, if you've lived with pretty good kit for a long time, it can be expensive to replace it with more modern equipment that sounds significantly better, but your budget offers a genuine opportunity. ÿIf it were me, I'd consider one of the cheaper Blu-Ray players (Sony 350?) and split the rest between a new receiver and a really good speaker package. ÿYou can do the calculations/work out the alternatives - they're all there in the Awards issue - but I think (as before) you'll need to devote some serious time to listening for yourself. ÿI'd be very sad if you spent a lot of money and ended up dissatisfied.

A

Anonymous

Well theres a couple of reasons i like the sound but dont love it like you say it could do with being a little more forward! I was thinking of changing the amp because i wanted the HD sound as im watching more and more Blu rays! One of the reasons for the speaker change is to get something that looks a little nicer and not in the old black finish! I did consider 2 sets of B&W 805's as they seem to go through on ebay for around 900 a set not sure though and they do look beautiful havent checked how much they are new!? and imagine that would be one of the best sounding set ups for the money!? I dont mind doing this bit by bit but im stuck as to what to go for next! Thanks

A

Anonymous

As an 805s owner myself you will not be disappointed. £900 is a bargain considering they hold their original value of £1600 well, if I saw some at that price I would snap them up. Don't forget to improve your amplification though, maybe think about getting a dedicated stereo amp too.

A

Anonymous

Ok thanks ive had 2 sets on watch one went for £880 the other £905 although i have seen some go for more! What stands do you use? How would they compare to a floor stander like a set of monitor audio rs8?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts