If I were to spend some of the kids inheritance

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Oxfordian

Try the Essentials, should still be good quality. Leema do amps and phono stages very well.

Cheers will add to my list, plus its a phono stage my old dealer stocks and he was keen to keep my business and when we spoke last week he uttered the immortal words 'if there is anything you need', so he may get a call in a couple of weeks to see if I can blag one for a week or two.

Reactions: plastic penguin

Oxfordian

An update and thanks for everyone's input it has been appreciated.

My dealer from the time I lived in Kent is very keen to continue our relationship which is great but is going to be difficult to maintain.

Digging around and chatting to people in my local record store I have found a Pro-Ject dealer not too far away, they are putting together some weekend demo sessions next month and will have the Classic Evo as one of the demo decks.

I only really know Rega and the RP3 an old version and the current version, I don't really know much about Pro-Ject which leaves me to ask; just how good are Pro-Ject the decks and the company, could the Classic Evo stand a move to MC cartridges at some point in the future if I wanted to go in that direction, the Evo also comes with a MM cartridge factory fitted the Ortofon 2m Silver according to the blurb they have sent me through. My intention is to go along and have a listen and take it from there, I also want to have a discussion with them about the Pro-Ject Phono Stages.

In addition, I have also found out that I have a Linn dealer not overly distant from me so plan to have a look at the Sondek LP12 Majik as like Rega, Linn is a name I know from when I first bought vinyl and they had a good reputation then but I gather are a bit of a marmite brand with some people swearing by them whilst others swear at them.

So for now I am going to park the cartridge / phono stage upgrade whilst I do a bit more research, some listening and if I am lucky maybe some home demos.

Thanks again.

Reactions: nopiano

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts