Question Way too boomy

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Jorge

Apr 9, 2020
Visit site
my problem is the practical impossibility of listening to the loudspeakers since there are no distributors in the area where I live, I have to trust the comments of the people who have them or have been able to listen to them, I am grateful for their comments and for any ideas and advice you could give me

Fahad

Jan 30, 2020
Visit site
Guys, happy to report that the boomy sound is completely under control simply by repositioning the speaker.

Previous boom town set up was:

(Wall) --- L-Speaker ---- TV on a five feet wide rack ------ HiFiRack ----- R-Speaker --- (wall)

Now :

(wall) ------L-Speaker (a bit further away from wall) ------ TV on a three feet wide rack ----R-Speaker -------HiFi Rack ---(wall)

I was actually in a discussion with a guy for for acoustic treatment but that is no longer required.

So no money spent, just a bit of physical labor. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

D

Deleted member 116933

my problem is the practical impossibility of listening to the loudspeakers since there are no distributors in the area where I live, I have to trust the comments of the people who have them or have been able to listen to them, I am grateful for their comments and for any ideas and advice you could give me

I see this sort of comment a lot. And there's always away. Sweet talk some outlets on the phone, Its what i do, cultivate some relationships with vendors. I have things shipped to me from Scotland to Suffolk for home auditions (the brands I want are not available round here). Granted the first round of stuff i had to pay a deposit for but as the trust grows and they know you're not going to trash the stuff they'll let you borrow at no cost to yourself. If your serious they're serious and they'll do their utmost help out!

If you're in the UK

Talk to David on here (the little audio company) I never met the guy but he was willing to let me audition some bits and bobs at home at one point when i had some problems with naim gear.

and im sure Musiccraft will do the same.

You can't buy this sort of stuff from reviews and opinions of others

Jorge

Apr 9, 2020
Visit site
Goodnight:

I am still looking for speakers that can replace my old B&W DM 220, that allow a placement close to the back wall and quite boxed, on the one hand a cabinet and on the other the side wall the B&W are closed or infinite and do not give me problems with the bass but I would like to improve its quality, another limitation is the height could not be greater than 800 cm, from the little that I have been able to hear what I liked the most, I have followed the whaferdale Linton but as soon as you approach the back wall it appears The Boom and it ruins everything, in the store they recommend the Evo 4.3 that despite being more expensive sound much worse from my point of view but they would not have that problem at least in their living room they did not seem to have no reflex Butt, if someone can make me a recommendation I would appreciate it, since the more I look the more I get complicated, the only positive thing is that with the passage of time my budget increases little by little, I do not discard second-hand material.

Goodnight:

I am still looking for speakers that can replace my old B&W DM 220, that allow a placement close to the back wall and quite boxed, on the one hand a cabinet and on the other the side wall the B&W are closed or infinite and do not give me problems with the bass but I would like to improve its quality, another limitation is the height could not be greater than 800 cm, from the little that I have been able to hear what I liked the most, I have followed the whaferdale Linton but as soon as you approach the back wall it appears The Boom and it ruins everything, in the store they recommend the Evo 4.3 that despite being more expensive sound much worse from my point of view but they would not have that problem at least in their living room they did not seem to have no reflex Butt, if someone can make me a recommendation I would appreciate it, since the more I look the more I get complicated, the only positive thing is that with the passage of time my budget increases little by little, I do not discard second-hand material.
What amp are you using?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts