Question Way too boomy

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Jorge

Apr 9, 2020
my problem is the practical impossibility of listening to the loudspeakers since there are no distributors in the area where I live, I have to trust the comments of the people who have them or have been able to listen to them, I am grateful for their comments and for any ideas and advice you could give me

Fahad

Jan 30, 2020
Guys, happy to report that the boomy sound is completely under control simply by repositioning the speaker.

Previous boom town set up was:

(Wall) --- L-Speaker ---- TV on a five feet wide rack ------ HiFiRack ----- R-Speaker --- (wall)

Now :

(wall) ------L-Speaker (a bit further away from wall) ------ TV on a three feet wide rack ----R-Speaker -------HiFi Rack ---(wall)

I was actually in a discussion with a guy for for acoustic treatment but that is no longer required.

So no money spent, just a bit of physical labor. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

millennia_one

Sep 1, 2014
my problem is the practical impossibility of listening to the loudspeakers since there are no distributors in the area where I live, I have to trust the comments of the people who have them or have been able to listen to them, I am grateful for their comments and for any ideas and advice you could give me
I see this sort of comment a lot. And there's always away. Sweet talk some outlets on the phone, Its what i do, cultivate some relationships with vendors. I have things shipped to me from Scotland to Suffolk for home auditions (the brands I want are not available round here). Granted the first round of stuff i had to pay a deposit for but as the trust grows and they know you're not going to trash the stuff they'll let you borrow at no cost to yourself. If your serious they're serious and they'll do their utmost help out!

If you're in the UK

Talk to David on here (the little audio company) I never met the guy but he was willing to let me audition some bits and bobs at home at one point when i had some problems with naim gear.

and im sure Musiccraft will do the same.

You can't buy this sort of stuff from reviews and opinions of others

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts