Volume adjustment on ADMs

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
John Duncan said:
Andrew Everard said:
John Duncan said:
It's gonna be quiet round 'ere...

Not much chance of that, given the way forum traffic is accelerating: visits are up over 70% year on year, and page views up over 40%.

Weird eh, what with the market being on its last legs and all?

Maybe people can't afford to buy anything so are just talking instead?

Chris

PS Aren't AVI threads boring?

John Duncan

Covenanter said:
John Duncan said:
Andrew Everard said:
John Duncan said:
It's gonna be quiet round 'ere...

Not much chance of that, given the way forum traffic is accelerating: visits are up over 70% year on year, and page views up over 40%.

Weird eh, what with the market being on its last legs and all?

Maybe people can't afford to buy anything so are just talking instead?

Chris

Yes but visits are up over 70% year on year, and page views up over 40%.

shropshire lad

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
[/quote]

Chris

[/quote]

That's because nothing new has been said on them for ages . It's the same old arguments from both sides regurgitated ad infinitum .

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to hear some but that seems rather difficult to arrange. Any generous owners in the Birmingham area who would let me listen? I'd bring you a nice bottle of wine!

Chris

andyjm

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
the record spot said:
Clare Newsome said:
Like 99.9% of printed media, you mean? :wall:

:clap:

Eh?????

While I may disagree with a number of the articles, I have no desire to see the demise of WHF, or any other special interest magazine come to that.

Circulation in 2011 was 40,007 (source ABC), circulation in 2012 34,330 (source Haymarket). Approx a 15% drop.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
andyjm said:
Circulation in 2011 was 40,007 (source ABC), circulation in 2012 34,330 (source Haymarket). Approx a 15% drop.

Yes, we know – but as Clare said, printed media is suffering circulation declines across the board, due to a number of factors including the increased use of online resources (such as all the reviews available here for free), the ongoing economic situation and so on.

There is a transition from print to online, but we don't think it will be complete – we'll still be producing the print magazine, not abandoning it completely (as many newspapers have, for example).

So the UK circulation numbers are now only part of the picture for the brand as a whole – as chebby has pointed out, you also have to take into account the total number of magazines sold, both of licensed editions and those published by our subsidiaries overseas, plus the rising traffic (and thus eventually revenues) on the website.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Covenanter said:
I'd like to hear some but that seems rather difficult to arrange. Any generous owners in the Birmingham area who would let me listen? I'd bring you a nice bottle of wine!

Chris

There is a dealer in Birmingham and 2 in Gloustershire or the factory itself.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
34,000 is very low but not surprising, the markets have changed, just go into your large newsagents and see how many hifi mags there are and then see how many mags on photoshop there are probably more on photoshop, 10 years ago I don't think there were any, also photo mags there are now loads, guess interests have changed.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
BigH said:
34,000 is very low but not surprising, the markets have changed, just go into your large newsagents and see how many hifi mags there are and then see how many mags on photoshop there are probably more on photoshop, 10 years ago I don't think there were any, also photo mags there are now loads, guess interests have changed.

I guess that's so, but when I worked on camera magazines the market supported two weeklies, each of which was selling getting on for 100,000 copies, IIRC. One bought the other, and the two titles merged, and now the one remaining weekly sells under 20,000.

To get back on topic, all kinds of sales volumes are adjusting in the current market.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts