Vinyl vs cd in the lab -take 2

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

JamesMellor

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
andyjm said:
There are many ways to approach HiFi as a hobby.

One is to try to understand the technicalities underlying the equipment to make informed choices about what to buy and how to assemble a system. Digital audio is complex and much of the theory is counter intuitive. There is a lot posted on the web that is incorrect.

Another approach is to read reviews in magazines, rely on the subjective views of others, assume that their taste is similar to yours, and hope that they know what they are talking about in the first place.

I prefer to understand how stuff works, and make my own decisions about how best to achieve what I am after.

You may choose a different path.

.....or even do all of the above, and then go listen.

What go out and listen and trust your own judgement when you can buy online 2/3rds price and then complain afterwards that it wasn't what you expected , I can't see your idea catching on <S> despite those few places that are left that will talk to you for 30 mins and then say hey let me wire this up for you

James

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
JamesMellor said:
What go out and listen and trust your own judgement when you can buy online 2/3rds price and then complain afterwards that it wasn't what you expected , I can't see your idea catching on <S> despite those few places that are left that will talk to you for 30 mins and then say hey let me wire this up for you

James

You're absolutely right, I should have known better. :doh:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts