TV Setup - BBC HD Test Card

kingnothing83

Nov 16, 2007
Visit site
I am due to get a 46" 1080p LCD TV next week along with Sky HD and I want to get the best picture possible.

I read on the bbc internet blog - http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/bbcinternet/2008/12/a_christmas_present_from_the_h.html that there is a new bbc test card to help you setup your av. If i connect my sky hd and ps3 to my denon 2808 amp, will i be able to set up the picture for sky hd and then set up the picture again for my ps3 (using a downloadable test card on a usb)? Or will the tv just recognise the amp as one input and only allow me to set one picture setting?

If so, do i have anything to lose by plugging the sky hd directly into the tv by hdmi and connecting the sky hd to the amp via optical (to give 5.1 of course)

Will there likely be a big picture adjustment needed between sky hd and ps3?

Thanks

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

I don't think there will be a big difference between the two sources once you've set it up for SKYHD.

You can flick through the different custom viewing modes once you've set it up to see if they improve or detract from the picture once set though. You may have options like 'Cinema' or 'Game' within your picture settings on the TV.

You will need to plug the SKYHD into your amp via optical to hear DD as other than the picture, the HDMI does not carry anything greater than stereo sound.

There's a similar series of tests on THX discs - Star Wars for example which does the same as the test card. The test card only runs for a short length of time and if you haven't set up your picture, you'll have to wait till it appears the next time.

HTH.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts