75" TV advice - Glare/Sunlight

NorfolkMarky73

Oct 4, 2023
Visit site
Hi All, New to here but I am hoping you can help.

I am looking for a 75" TV which will be wall mounted, however my issue is that where I am looking to mount it is next to patio doors, which currently do not have any curtains or blinds and far be it to go against my wife I don't see that they will be fitted any time soon.

So I am looking for a 75" that can handle glare from the outside, budget wise I am looking at spending £1500, i did see the Samsung 75" Frame Art TV which looked quite impressive but at that around £2300 and I can't justify that.

The TV will be used mainly from a firestick or online viewing no Sky or Gaming,

Any advice will be appreciated thanks. Mark.

Messiah

I'm not really up on all current models but I would imagine you would need something quite bright to deal with the glare - which would come with extra running costs (if that's a concern).

Does direct sunlight come in from that side? Might not be too bad if not.

Or just sit in front of the patio doors and watch from there. 😂

hifi

Feb 8, 2023
Visit site
I Would wait a few months the prices are so high at the moment .New year sales are not far away ! Boxing day Black Friday and so on .. unless you have deep pockets.

I Would wait a few months the prices are so high at the moment .New year sales are not far away ! Boxing day Black Friday and so on .. unless you have deep pockets.
I don't think that's necessarily true. There are discounts to be had even now. The worst time to buy is Spring time when new models come in the market. 6 months down the line, the prices are falling. Check deals on Richer Sounds for example. Also, if prices fall within 30 days of purchase, contact Richer Sounds and they eil refund the difference.

NorfolkMarky73

Oct 4, 2023
Visit site
Morning, Thanks for the replies, i have found some great deals on the 65" Frame TV, so that looks like it could be the one......However I have also seen the LG C3 which i was amazed at the quality but it looks like over my budget and although the shop advisor said it can handle glare i was a bit concerned his knowledge is flawed when i was asking about difference of Oled and Qled and he just said its bulbs, he may be right but didn't feel me with confidence!

Morning, Thanks for the replies, i have found some great deals on the 65" Frame TV, so that looks like it could be the one......However I have also seen the LG C3 which i was amazed at the quality but it looks like over my budget and although the shop advisor said it can handle glare i was a bit concerned his knowledge is flawed when i was asking about difference of Oled and Qled and he just said its bulbs, he may be right but didn't feel me with confidence!
It's a lot more than bulbs. OLED TVs render accurate colours and deep blacks, but at the expense of peak brightness. Although the C3 has better reviews for peak brightness.

NorfolkMarky73

Oct 4, 2023
Visit site
Bigboss thanks for your advice its much appreciated, So maybe if i can increase my budget the LG maybe better option then. I was impressed with the screen compared with the Matt version of the Frame.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts