to richard allen (eb2 )

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
I'm sure Richard is a nice person & may be inundated with orders, & he will respond soon, once alerted to this thread. I hope he appreciates the issue of not responding to emails in a timely manner & ensures that he keeps customers informed of the order status. Making good quality speakers is just one of the components of running a successful business. Customer service & after sales support are of equal importance.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
bigboss said:
I'm sure Richard is a nice person & may be inundated with orders, & he will respond soon, once alerted to this thread. I hope he appreciates the issue of not responding to emails in a timely manner.

I'm not sure he does as he's said on numerous occasions here that he's not really an email person and prefers people to call him.

But I'm not going to second guess the situation, I know they had some serious personal and professional issues a while back and I'm sure things are not progressing in the manner Richard would want them to be, so I'm not going to blindly slag him off without some solid information.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Right, I've managed to track Richard down on his mobile and have just spoken to him. He's had some problems with his email, but is well aware of this thread and says he'll sort out the backlog of orders, and Goethe's problem, as soon as possible.

Richard says he'll post a reply on this thread once he's got all the info he needs.

The_Lhc said:
bigboss said:
I'm sure Richard is a nice person & may be inundated with orders, & he will respond soon, once alerted to this thread. I hope he appreciates the issue of not responding to emails in a timely manner.

I'm not sure he does as he's said on numerous occasions here that he's not really an email person and prefers people to call him.

But being an Internet-only based company, with clientele based all over the world especially Europe, I think email is an important medium.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
bigboss said:
The_Lhc said:
bigboss said:

But being an Internet-only based company, with clientele based all over the world especially Europe, I think email is an important medium.

As would most people.

Richard Allen

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
OK.

First things first.

Juliofp. After digging around in PayPal, I have found your order and, disgustingly, it is well well overdue. My fault, no one elses. Next job. You've waited far too long. Please accept my sincerest apologies.

Goethe. Have to confess I got waylaid with things here. Your replacements will be done at the same time as Juliofp. Again, my apologies.

Bigboss. Suggesting county court action really isn't necessary. The monies paid are still in PayPal and that's where they stay until goods are delivered. Refunds can be accomodated on even long scale orders that get mislaid if the customer so wishes.

Who would've thought that a small company like mine would cause so many waves!!. Certainly wasn't my intention but it looks as though that's what has happened. 1200, yes, 1200 pairs of speakers and three years down the line I'm still mad at it!.

If I have offended people then I am truly sorry as this was not my intention. Last thing on my mind in fact. All I'm trying to do is make a product that is home grown and hand built.

Emails. It has been suggested in the past that I employ a 'little girl' to answer the phone. I looked at this and got the wife to answer the phone for a couple of days. Guess what. I still had to come off the shop floor to answer the phone calls due to amplifier matching, room placement, sensitivity etc.

These are not things that an office girl can answer so why pay a wage and keep coming to the phone?.

Good news. I have dropped really lucky in that I now have an engineer. He's almost as good as me apart from cabinetry so now I can catch up that much quicker. Much better investment than an office girl.

Please don't judge me too harshly. With the exception of the above I really am trying as hard as I can and as regards the other comment made by Bigboss about holidays, forget it because they just won't happen this year.

Thanks for reading.

Richard Allen said:
Bigboss. Suggesting county court action really isn't necessary. The monies paid are still in PayPal and that's where they stay until goods are delivered. Refunds can be accomodated on even long scale orders that get mislaid if the customer so wishes.

The problem with PayPal is this:

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre Located in My Account, the PayPal resource for resolving issues between buyers and sellers. to contact a seller directly and resolveA buyer and seller come to an agreement and close the case, or PayPal comes to a decision and closes the case. a problematic transaction. You have 45 days from the payment date to open a dispute. Common reasons for opening a dispute include:
  • You paid for an item but haven't received it and the seller is uncooperative or nonresponsive.
  • You received an item that was significantly different from how it was described.
Click the Report a Problem button in the Resolution Centre to open a dispute. Then, provide more information about the issue and post a message to the seller.

Transactions older than 45 days cannot be disputed but should still be reported. PayPal tracks seller performance trends in the event we need to take action to protect other buyers.

Essentially, after 45 days of payment, PayPal cannot help. If I paid for an item 16 months ago & still haven't received it, PayPal will advise me to resolve the issue with the seller directly. But it won't refund my money. If the seller isn't responding to emails & telephones, what's my next step?

The refunds can be accommodated only if the seller decides so. But if the seller hasn't responded as per OP for 16 months, then it's a winless situation & approaching your credit card provider or small claims court is the next logical step.

There are issues with PayPal payments if the delivery time is beyond 6 weeks. Please let me know if I'm wrong, & if I've missed any PayPal small print here.

A

Anonymous

Richard Allen said:
Goethe. Have to confess I got waylaid with things here. Your replacements will be done at the same time as Juliofp. Again, my apologies.

Thank you for your apologies. I would really appreciate to be informed; beyong that, I don't mind waiting for a good product.

Greetings

Richard Allen

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
bigboss said:
Richard Allen said:

The problem with PayPal is this:

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre Located in My Account, the PayPal resource for resolving issues between buyers and sellers. to contact a seller directly and resolveA buyer and seller come to an agreement and close the case, or PayPal comes to a decision and closes the case. a problematic transaction. You have 45 days from the payment date to open a dispute. Common reasons for opening a dispute include:
  • You paid for an item but haven't received it and the seller is uncooperative or nonresponsive.
  • You received an item that was significantly different from how it was described.
Click the Report a Problem button in the Resolution Centre to open a dispute. Then, provide more information about the issue and post a message to the seller.

Transactions older than 45 days cannot be disputed but should still be reported. PayPal tracks seller performance trends in the event we need to take action to protect other buyers.

Essentially, after 45 days of payment, PayPal cannot help. If I paid for an item 16 months ago & still haven't received it, PayPal will advise me to resolve the issue with the seller directly. But it won't refund my money. If the seller isn't responding to emails & telephones, what's my next step?

The refunds can be accommodated only if the seller decides so. But if the seller hasn't responded as per OP for 16 months, then it's a winless situation & approaching your credit card provider or small claims court is the next logical step.

There are issues with PayPal payments if the delivery time is beyond 6 weeks. Please let me know if I'm wrong, & if I've missed any PayPal small print here.

Thankfully, that situation doesn't arise here. It's interesting that PayPal only go to 45 days whereas on my control panel I can issue refunds myself up to 60 days and by email for any longer period. I think it's to stop chargebacks when people already have the goods and try to scam the money back. That's not where the likes of you and I are coming from but, for every good ( ???) trader like me, there are at least a dozen rogues out there. That's the only take I can see on it. So far as refunds are concerned, The money is the customers not mine until the goods are shipped. End of!!. They want a refund?, they can have it.

Richard Allen

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
All DM1 orders leaving works monday/tues this week coming. Then ( wait for it ) I will be making for stock!!!:cheer: ( Doesn't bear thinking about, does it? ).

A

Anonymous

UNPUBLISHED BY MODS - DUPLICATE POST

Dear Mr. Allen: I appreciate your reply, I look forward to the arrival of my speakers, hoping that the wait was worth it.

A

Anonymous

UNPUBLISHED BY MODS - DUPLICATE POST

Dear Mr. Allen: I appreciate your reply, I look forward to the arrival of my speakers, hoping that the wait was worth it.

A

Anonymous

Richard Allen

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
UPDATE

Just to inform all concerned.

All DM1 orders have left the works. Now starting to build stock.

juliofp and goethe

Your EB2's are leaving tomorrow.

Thank you.

A

Anonymous

Great!

I take this opportunity to thank mr. Andy Clough for his efforts to solve these problems. As soon as I receive the EB2, I promise to enter on the forum to say so.

Mr. Allen: I also hate the e-mail as a communication medium, and I promise you that I have'nt mobile phone, but I have no choice but to check my email every night for 5 mins. Congratulations for your speakers.

polarskates

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Received my Oak DM1's this afternoon.

First impressions are, nicely packaged, look very smart and very well made. As the What Hi Fi reviewers have said, you stop analysing the performance of the speakers and just enjoy the music. Been playing tracks for 6 hours now and they are not in the least tiring. Very musical. Only day 1 and i'm impressed and there's just better to come over the next few weeks i'm sure. :) Worth the wait. Thanks, Richard.

A

Anonymous

I just write to say that if all goes well, tomorrow I get my replacement. Regards.

A

Anonymous

Today I received the speakers EB2, as mr. Allen promised. I'll try them for two weeks to make sure they work perfectly.

Thanks to all.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts