to richard allen (eb2 )

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Richard Allen said:
Ok. Points all taken on board. The issues as I see them are:

1). Communication. I have already addressed this point earlier and when an order is placed I will email the customer with a delivery date. If that changes then I will advise accordingly. I will be working within the 45 days on paypal.

2). When product is ready for shipping I will email for the balance of the money. This will be paid through the website and when received, the product will be picked up and a tracking number will be sent to the customer.

3). Returns. The 30 day moneyback guarantee will be there worldwide. All you incur is the return freight charge. On receipt of goods, a visual and electrical check will be performed. Then the full purchase price will be refunded.

4). Deposit. this is basically a gesture of good faith by the customer due to the fact that each pair of speakers is built with them in mind. There is no 'stock' as such. If delivery is going to be late then I will tell you. If it is unacceptable to you then the deposit will be repaid no quibbles.

5). Website. the revised website will be uploaded when backlog is cleared. 9 pairs to do. That's all.

I really am trying to do my best here and all criticisms have been taken on the chin accordingly. When the new site is up give me a try. See if I'm true to my word. That's all I can say to you.

Thanks.

Hope I didn't sound like I was having a dig at you. My comment was intended as a positive and constructive criticism. :)

I'm glad to see you have another happy customer today. :cheer: I'd love to hear your speakers myself someday to see what all the fuss is about. They sound like my type of speakers if they have an accurate and neutral sound.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
LimCS said:
Richard, I have received the speakers on Monday. Only managed a couple of hours of listen thus far but I am pleased with what I see (on build quality) and hear (still need more running in though). They are as good as advertised.

In parting and not to beat a dead horse I still think your delivery on time is still the most important (and currently lacking) aspect of your business. I hope you can improve upon that and thus have less frustrated customers like me seeking help in this forum.

With this, I shall return to my world of music....

PS: Many thanks to the sympathetic voices in this forum, it helped to have a listening ear.....

Great news LimCS :) Be sure to let us know whether these end up being 'keepers' :)

T

the record spot

Overdose said:
Page 2 post 3 pretty much covers your concerns over connectivity.

To my recall, I don't have nay concerns, but was making a point.

Overdose said:
As for space saving, apart from the speakers, my setup would fit into a generous sized lunchbox. Plenty of space saved over my last and more traditional 'passive' setup. :)

:)

Good for you, one system of many thousands. One example of many. Not the definite article then.

T

the record spot

steve_1979 said:
the record spot said:
You forget that not all active speakers come pre-packed with RCA or optical connectivity. Some, e.g. Yamaha's HS50 or HS80 monitors as a case in point, offer XLR or 1/4" jacks only.

Not necesarily complicated, but requires a little help via an adapter. Sometimes posts around "just get some actives" aren't necessarily as plug and play as the message suggest they are.

Fair point. :)

the record spot said:
And the box-saving benefits don't appear to be as obvious either going by your follow-up Steve... :)

Agreed. :)

I've never understood why people say that actives reduce the box count. They need a pre-amp instead of an integrated-amp so there's still the same number of boxes (unless you go for an all in one solution like the ADM's or EB4's).

As Overdose pointed out, a cable can be purchased that has the appropriate connections at either end, dispensing with the need for an adapter. But yes, the hardware box count is reduced by one unless you go the AVI or Roland DS7 route (another active with onboard DAC that isn't at Linn or Meridian prices).

A

Anonymous

After another 3 hours with the EB2, I must say I am indeed very impressed by them. Playing a few of my regular CDs, my old dynaudio 50 simply cannot match them. My ears can most definitely hear the marked difference. These are defintely keepers.

If naim amplification is actively endorsed, what would be a good fit? I am using a cd + audiolab M-Dac + Classe CA-100 power amps right now.

Cheers.

Richard Allen

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
LimCS said:
If naim amplification is actively endorsed, what would be a good fit? I am using a cd + audiolab M-Dac + Classe CA-100 power amps right now.

Cheers.

I drive them here with the Nait5i but for that little bit more I would recommend the Nait XS. CDP can be the CD5i. Glad you are happy

polarskates

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Hi Richard,

Its been 3 months since the arrival of my DM1's and they just keep suprising me.

What wonderful little speaker with a great big personality.

Thanks

Barry (Edinburgh).

TRENDING THREADS