To Richard Allen (EB Acoustics)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
bigboss said:

Post 79 says it all really. It's a shame the situation couldn't have been sorted as Richard seemed like a nice guy when he posted on the forum and it's always sad to see small businesses, especially a British one, fail like this.

If you're reading this Richard I hope all is well with you and you manage to sort out any problems. It would be good to see EB Acoustics up and running again but perhaps with a partner to take care of the customer relations and other business duties so that you can get on with doing what you do best - designing and building great speakers.

record_spot

BigH said:
I believe the payments were through Paypal I would contact them and see what they say. Also your credit card company if you paid by credit card which is safest way online.

Although credit card payments through PayPal don't enjoy the Section 75 protection that you get if you O'Day directly. The protection doesn't extend to third party pay sites like PayPal.

DaanS

May 24, 2015
Visit site
This may be a but rude, but can't those people tell their banks to undo the transfers? It's a sure way to see a small company go down, but in all honesty that's not their problem and it's not like the bailiff will come knocking when the service that was paid for wasn't even extended. At least I'd think so, I don't know the letter of the agreement with EB Acoustics.

record_spot

bigboss said:
Banks cannot reverse transfers. You authorised it. Payment was done via PayPal, and they should be contacted first.

Banks can retrieve a payment. Simply contact the back, explain the situation and they'll get the money back in your account by 6pm. If you ring later in the day it'll be by 6pm the next business day.

I've retrieved payments twice this way, the caveat is that the payee can still get the money back but this has never happened with me. This included PayPal transactions for eBay. A year down the line, that's a bit trickier but if you have the date of payment, check with them anyway. Probably too late, but nothing ventured...

record_spot said:
bigboss said:
Banks cannot reverse transfers. You authorised it. Payment was done via PayPal, and they should be contacted first.

Banks can retrieve a payment. Simply contact the back, explain the situation and they'll get the money back in your account by 6pm. If you ring later in the day it'll be by 6pm the next business day. ?

I've retrieved payments twice this way, the caveat is that the payee can still get the money back but this has never happened with me. This included PayPal transactions for eBay.  A year down the line, that's a bit trickier but if you have the date of payment, check with them anyway.  Probably too late, but nothing ventured...

That's only if you've paid the person directly through bank transfer and not via PayPal. All payments to Richard were via PayPal, so only they can help (even though it's beyond 6 months).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts