EB Acoustics - to Richard Allen

blackfiction

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
All,

I would like to let you know that I am having a serious issue with EB Acoustics / Arcaydis. I have ordered the EB2 and paid the full amount on September 11 in 2014. Since then, Richard promised me that he would deliver the speakers within a couple of weeks. Nothing happened. No mails and phone calls were answered by EB Acoustics / Arcaydis.

I have asked for a refund but I cannot get a reply.

Do you have similar experiences? And more important; does anyone know how to solve this? I live in the Netherlands and I am looking into legal actions at the moment....

I have bought the speakers from the great review of WhatHifi and I hope that Richard will refund so I can post an update in this forum.

bigboss said:
Yes, but the OP should still contact PayPal. I'm sure they would've received more complaints regarding non delivery of products. They should still be able to help. Certainly better than not reporting at all.

I've had EB2's from him in the past (OK so waited 3 months but was told this in advance).

This is, however, no excuse for the OPs situation but one that appears to be happening more and more frequently.

Perhaps Richard should put a halt to all the other little projects he keeps mentioning in passing on this forum and concentrate on clearing his back-orders.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I agree but unfortunately many people buy purely on the strength of WHFSAV reviews, seeing them as the benchmark for balanced reviewing. I tried pointing this out on another EB Acoustics thread, highlighting the responsibility that a well respected magazine has in this regard. Almost had my face ripped off by editorial and other forum members.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Gazzip said:
I agree but unfortunately many people buy purely on the strength of WHFSAV reviews, seeing them as the benchmark for balanced reviewing. I tried pointing this out on another EB Acoustics thread, highlighting the responsibility that a well respected magazine has in this regard. Almost had my face ripped off by editorial and other forum members.

No idea why I quoted myself. Fat fingered error.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
The whole EB Acoustics fiasco is a real shame you know. He is a really nice guy and his products (I had the EB2's for a while) are really rather good. Why couldn't he just have invested a little more and developed a business which really would have been very successful. As a business owner myself it makes my blood boil to watch somebody piddle away such an easily gained high reputation that most of us have only ever dreamed of attaining. *dash1*

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
bluedroog said:
Good intensions blah, blah blah....how is this person [edited by mods] still trading?! This is getting ridiculous now.

Whilst I agree that he has been a bit of a ******** and given the forum entries would never buy the speakers (unless they were in front of me), I would also sue you for slander if I was Richard reading this post.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I can see how someone struggling with chronic depression and/or finances might have problems running a business. Life can turn to sh*t at any time for no reason. We've all been there.

Vladimir said:
I can see how someone struggling with chronic depression and/or finances might have problems running a business. Life can turn to sh*t at any time for no reason. We've all been there.

Quite so Vladimir but you'd think if this was the case he would at the very least have someone in to attend to email / calls. Pity the OP doesn't live in the UK where he would have the bailiffs / small claims court to assist him.

Waxy

May 15, 2014
Visit site
If the proprietor cannot cope with operating the company, they should take the website down. If the product is that good, take time out to recover and start afresh without ruining your reputation.

Vladimir said:

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Vladimir said:

He seems like a nice guy when he posts on the forum and if he's having trouble elsewhere in his life then I feel sorry for him and wish him all the best.

However, he's running a business and has a responsibility to his paying customers. This responsibility is not being upheld and it's probably a matter of time before someone takes legal action against him.

Waxy

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Vladimir said:
Now my real question is who in his right mind ordered EB speaker from abroad after so many raging threads how delivery is delayed or nonexistent? Blame it on WHF? Really, all the warning signs are there, just do a simple google search.

Nah. Blame it on Vladimir! *diablo*

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Just thinking outloud that there might not be "they", just one man, spawning financial holes, unpaid bills, empty fridge, aiching old body and days full of grim sadness. I don't really know, I'm just saying it could be more like a "disabillity" than an intentional fraud like you would find on ebay for example.

Now my real question is who in his right mind ordered EB speakers from abroad after so many raging threads how delivery is delayed or nonexistent? Blame it on WHF? Really, all the warning signs are there, just do a simple google search. Caveat emptor as always in hi-fi.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Waxy said:
Vladimir said:
Now my real question is who in his right mind ordered EB speaker from abroad after so many raging threads how delivery is delayed or nonexistent? Blame it on WHF? Really, all the warning signs are there, just do a simple google search.

Well, the positive reviews are still on WHF. Nuff said.....

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
No problem with that argument. I was just thinking outloud why this EB story keeps happening and how it might not be your typical fraud but unfortunate mix of health and financial issues.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Vladimir said:
No problem with that argument. I was just thinking outloud why this EB story keeps happening and how it might not be your typical fraud but unfortunate mix of health and financial issues.

I think you are right but enough is enough. Time to pull or update the reviews.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Blame it on WHF?

Indirectly yes WHF are to blame as the quote below from the first post in this thread shows:

blackfiction said:
I have bought the speakers from the great review of WhatHifi

I wouldn't directly blame WHF for the way Richard is running a company. All that WHF have done is write a review for a pair of speakers.

But since that review was published EB Acoustics have had a regular stream of complaints from worried and distressed customers who've made a payment without receiving the product or a refund and are unable to contact EB Acoustics to find out what's happening.

Considering this situation it seems unfair of WHF to continue to endorse EB Acoustics.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Vladimir said:

Richard seems like a friendly and genuine guy when he posts on the forum. It may well not be deliberate fraud and if he's having personal or financial issues then I feel sorry for him and hope he sorts these issues out.

But I doubt that this will be much consolation to all the people who've lost their money and can't get a reply from him.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts