Subwoofer Movie moments WHF Team?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey

Prob been discussed before, but wondering what you think, now that my new sub can keep up with most.

1. GI Joe was amazing for constant subwoofer action.

2. Hurt Locker.

3. Cloverfield

4. Star Trek.

These are the movies that I thought wow!!!

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
canada16:
Hey

Prob been discussed before, but wondering what you think, now that my new sub can keep up with most.

1. GI Joe was amazing for constant subwoofer action.

2. Hurt Locker.

3. Cloverfield

4. Star Trek.

These are the movies that I thought wow!!!

Spiderman 3.

pete.g

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
watched "the day the earth stood still" last night and while the movie is not great, it really gave the sub a good workout.

also the scene in "knowing" with the plane crash sounds amazing

A

Anonymous

pete.g:
also the scene in "knowing" with the plane crash sounds amazing

I have heard that from others, I watched it, but before I had my system, I thought the movie was ok, But why does everything have to end with aliens and the earth standing still ect...

I like alien movies, but hollywood is not bringing anything new to the table, we need some shock and horror, like fire in the sky.

A

Anonymous

x-men the last stand, magneto has quite a way of making the sub shae the room, and the initial simulation fight is really heavy in bass.

A

Anonymous

• Terminator Salvation, Great Sub work out
  • First 15 mins of Bolt
  • Dark Knight

Tom Moreno

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
Lord of the rings 3 Return of the King. The scene when the light shoots up from the castle thingie before the dark army marches out of it. We used to have one of those paper ball lamp shades on the ceiling light in the living room and the boom was so massive that it dislodged the shade and it came crashing down in the middle of the living room. My ExGF who was watching with me completely lost her s***.

A

Anonymous

Going back a bit, the end bit/song from 28 Days Later. True sub workout.

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
DTS version of Saving Private Ryan.

The scene when they are defending the bridge and the tank is approaching. My whole room shakes and vibrates and You can feel it in the pit of your stomach!

A

Anonymous

What about the WHF team, surley you have been blown away from certain movies whilst testing over the years?

Can wait until april for the release of saving private ryan, lets hope it amazing, but then again I dont think spielberg will have nothing less than perfect.

A

Anonymous

Just watched 'The Eye' with Jessical Alba. Very powerful sub-woofer moments and surround sound effects.

A

Anonymous

I just watched toy story 2 yesterday with the kids, and the start of the movie was really good.

Very good surround sound on the whole movie as well.

I still have not got terminator salvation yet, But its my birthday tomorrow, so fingers crosses eh!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
canada16:What about the WHF team, surley you have been blown away from certain movies whilst testing over the years?

Not a huge fan of crash bang movies, so will have to pass on this one...

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
If you want a couple of non-action films which still test the bass of your system, I'd recommend Slum Dog Millionaire (some of the music on this had me astounded and worried for my neighbours!) and also Any Given Sunday (one of my all time favourite films).

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
I enjoyed Star Trek until the missus told me to turn off the sub ("the neighbours have young kids", apparently).

Luckily we've had an offer accepted on an end-of-terrace place where the only adjoining neighbour is deaf as a post. Hurrah!

A

Anonymous

Terminator Salvation is super! Picture and sound are top dog!

A

Anonymous

X-men origins Wolverine had so much base i had to turn it down and that it a rare thing, funny thing is the base kicks in at times you would not expect when no action is happening

A

Anonymous

Big Aura:

I enjoyed Star Trek until the missus told me to turn off the sub ("the neighbours have young kids", apparently).

Luckily we've had an offer accepted on an end-of-terrace place where the only adjoining neighbour is deaf as a post. Hurrah!

If the neigbours kiddies are anything like our toddler then the sub would have no affect. Once he's off to sleep thats it. We only really get chance to do the housework on an evening. That means hoovering the landing and bedrooms (including his) we don't get a peep out of him.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts