STATE OF THE ART DIGITAL RECORDINGS{ albums made digital all the way or all the music reproduction chain.

bubobubo

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
Good Night;

just like state-of the-art analog recording there is a state-of-the-art digital recording; what i belive this is, is that the recording is made digital, most for cd i guess but of course also for high res;

now i wonder which albums do you know that are or were made 100 % digital from the digital microphone to the digital storage that it can be a cd or for example a server online or similar that you can buy and download to for example a usb memory.

I know only one album for now and that is:

Dire Straits Brothers in arms:

itt-ty-music-technology-week-1-analogue-digital-audio-7-728.jpg

Regards

bubobubo

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
i dont know but i just ask if you know i didnt say that album was recorded with digital microphone

ps. if there is not a single album made all the way digital even with digital dac if nessesary then do you know any album made like brothers in arms at least so much digital as possible

"In 1999 Milab once again took the role as innovative pioneers when the DM-1001 digital microphone system was released. Many misconceptions about digital microphones were proven wrong with the warm natural sound of the DM-1001. UK magazine Resolution called it: -A digital microphone with a soul."[/i]

http://www.milabmic.com/content.asp?page=history[/i]

neumann_d_01_digital_studio_microphone_1000890.jpg
[/i]

bubobubo

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
i see you mean then DDD albums like Brothers in arms?

i found only 283 albums in amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Dpopular&field-keywords=ddd

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
bubobubo said:
i see you mean then DDD albums like Brothers in arms?

I found only 283 albums in amazon
So we've gone from one to 283 in just a few posts? There are lots more, and the Amazon search only gives you the ones explicitly stated as DDD, rather than those that are but don't make a point of saying so.

bubobubo

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
i see but the 100% pure digital i guess i doesnt exist? i mean nothing analog in betwen, but sure it can be done with today technology!

ps. i read in the internet that abba the visitor was the first cd ever made and it was digital, so in a kind of way cd are digital, i guess that is some what, what you try to say.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
bubobubo said:
so in a kind of way cd are digital, i guess that is some what, what you try to say.
No "kind of way" about it: CDs are digital, which is what I have been saying all along, and almost every recording is digital these days from studio to finished release.

spiny norman said:
bubobubo said:
so in a kind of way cd are digital, i guess that is some what, what you try to say.
No "kind of way" about it: CDs are digital, which is what I have been saying all along, and almost every recording is digital these days from studio to finished release.

I know Blue Coast Music regularly issue albums recorded direct to DSD in one take with no 'engineering'.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I find it quite sad that some contemporary albums are born in to, and will spend their lives exclusively and in perpetuity within the digital domain. Like the billions of photos on iPhones, hard drives and SD cards around the world, which were taken to record an event and will never be looked at again. There is something disturbingly anonymous and immediate about life on Serverworld. For a format that can theoretically last forever, interest in the content can be surprisingly short lived. I prefer albums to be at least released to CD for that reason. Something you will find, blow the dust off and play again one day, rather than archived in the cloud to be forgotten forever.

Hugely off topic I know. Sorry...

Reactions: JDL

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts