Standmounts

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Well the Wharf's have too go (upgrade virus...) i know now my room, 4x5 meters could be too small for floorstanders (the bass is too much)

I like the B&W CM1 (and heared them) but i also like the fact that the stands can be screwed into the speakers (there is a door next to 1 speaker position)

My question; are there more speakers witch comes with stands who can be screwed on?

(sorry for my englisch)

A

Anonymous

I don't think there are so many but blu-tack should give enough grip to avoid tumbling speakers and open up your options to any speaker.

Audiofoolius

Aug 12, 2008
Visit site
I would strongly advise you to audition the B&W 685's. They are better than the CM1's and are cheaper. They also have the advantage of being front-ported which may be important given the size of your room.

A

Anonymous

Octopo:I don't think there are so many but blu-tack should give enough grip to avoid tumbling speakers and open up your options to any speaker.

Is blu-tack that strong? i still like the idee off screwing though

A

Anonymous

Audiofoolius:I would strongly advise you to audition the B&W 685's. They are better than the CM1's and are cheaper. They also have the advantage of being front-ported which may be important given the size of your room.

I heard the 685 allso, but dit not like the sound, the CM1's sounded more refined.

A

Anonymous

Ducati900SS:
ÿIs blu-tack that strong? i still like the idee off screwing though

Blu-tack is absolutely fine, it's very widely used for this purpose.ÿ

A

Anonymous

JoelSim:

Your room is plenty big enough for floorstanders. Why risk a standmount being knocked off?

Well the speakers must be close to the walls and sometimes i like too turn on the volume and i don't want too be a problem for the neighbours, i know i will be missing out with movies but music comes first
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

JoelSim:

Mine are close to the walls and I like to listen loud sometimes too. In a smaller room than yours.

k,

Can you tell me more about the Dali Ikon 6 what you like (and don't like)? must say love this forum, its impossibble too listen too all the options there are...

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I like everything about them musically. great top and mid range and good bass. Fantastic for acoustic and vocals, superb on piano, although they do show up poor recordings as they offer plenty of detail. They are sensitive and play well at all volume levels.

Mine sit about 30m from the rear walls and are only slightly toed in (they are in corners). This is how I prefer them rather than pointing directly at me.

The only thing I don't really like is the looks with the grilles off

ÿ

A

Anonymous

Dali speakers are also a good choice for smaller rooms (not that yours is, I would say it's way big enough for floorstanders!) because they are very easy to position, thanks to their ribbon tweeter. You can therefore fire them "straight down the room" which is what the manual (and my ears) recommend because it gives a hugely wide soundstage and literally no boom and no harshness to the treble.

If you do want standmounts, discard the CM1s because they are form over function and incredibly insensative. The B&W 685s are a much better option and as stated above, much cheaper. Also, check out the KEF IQ30s and, if you can, the B&W 684s.

hifikrazy

Aug 9, 2007
Visit site
Although they may be a bit above the CM1 in price, I know that B&W 805s and Usher Be718 can be screwed onto their stands (or should it be their stands can be screwed into the speakers?).

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Ducati900SS:JoelSim:

Your room is plenty big enough for floorstanders. Why risk a standmount being knocked off?

Well the speakers must be close to the walls and sometimes i like too turn on the volume and i don't want too be a problem for the neighbours, i know i will be missing out with movies but music comes first
emotion-5.gif

I agree with your analysis of the CM1, they are indeed more refined than the 6 series but they are also designed for free space siting and should not be used too close to walls or they will boom despite the tiny size. You can use the enclosed bungs but this will affect other aspects of their sound, most noticeably dynamics of which they don't have too much in the first place.

As mentioned elsewhere, your room is of decent size and there are floorstanders which will work fine. Kef's iQ and Rega's R range just being a couple of them.

regards

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts