Walked into SSAV Epsom...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

WayneKerr

It didn't look too bad on the one occasion I visited that branch - although that was ages ago.
From memory it was situated in quite a bustling shopping area, am I right Doug?

(Not that everybody has milk, bread and an Audiolab 9000A on their weekly shopping list).
Wouldn't exactly call Witham bustling :) but SSAV in next to Tesco's. I'm quite surprised it had a refit as whenever I walk past there's generally more staff than customers in there but still nice to have them in this little town, they've had a fair bit of my custom over the years.

Reactions: Gray

Witterings

I suppose it's down to location. Our Epsom branch is in the Upper High St, away from the main shopping thoroughfare. And parking is awful as well.

Right opposite was a Audio-T, they closed down about 10 years ago.

My dentist was literally a couple of doors away so often used to drop in and have a browse when I'd been :)

Whereabouts do you live?

I'm shocked at all prices going up, ProAc's have just gone up the best part of £500 for the D2R's and D20R's but it's not just HiFi and it's not the 8/10% inflation the goverment are quoting ... it's an awful lot more in many instances.

I bought an air compressor for £70 not long before Covid, someone who'd done me a favour / introduced to some business, wanted to buy him the same one by way of a thank you and it was £143 and was the last in stock, the newer batch were going up in price even more!

Reactions: WayneKerr
My dentist was literally a couple of doors away so often used to drop in and have a browse when I'd been :)

Whereabouts do you live?

I'm shocked at all prices going up, ProAc's have just gone up the best part of £500 for the D2R's and D20R's but it's not just HiFi and it's not the 8/10% inflation the goverment are quoting ... it's an awful lot more in many instances.

I bought an air compressor for £70 not long before Covid, someone who'd done me a favour / introduced to some business, wanted to buy him the same one by way of a thank you and it was £143 and was the last in stock, the newer batch were going up in price even more!
Between Leatherhead and Guildford. I have occasionally used Unilet in New Malden and Infidelity Hi-Fi in Hampton.

Yeah, the price hikes are ridiculous. They are pricing the ordinary people out of the market.

Reactions: doifeellucky

Witterings

Between Leatherhead and Guildford. I have occasionally used Unilet in New Malden and Infidelity Hi-Fi in Hampton.

Yeah, the price hikes are ridiculous. They are pricing the ordinary people out of the market.

Me / my parents bought several systems from Unilet in the past ... don't know what age you are but in the old days they used to have a heap of speakers on shelves all numbered with track spotlighting running parallel .... they'd give you like a remote control but it was wired and you could press the numbers to chose which speakers you wanted to hear and the spotlights would also change just to shine on the ones that were now playing.

In modern days would be very frowned upon as they won't even have a 2nd pair of speakers in a room for a demo as they may give some resonance but was pretty cutting edge in it's day :D

Me / my parents bought several systems from Unilet in the past ... don't know what age you are but in the old days they used to have a heap of speakers on shelves all numbered with track spotlighting running parallel .... they'd give you like a remote control but it was wired and you could press the numbers to chose which speakers you wanted to hear and the spotlights would also change just to shine on the ones that were now playing.

In modern days would be very frowned upon as they won't even have a 2nd pair of speakers in a room for a demo as they may give some resonance but was pretty cutting edge in it's day :D
I purchased my A65 in 2004 and TB2s from Unilet. The speakers were purchased in their 'Blue Murder' sale every Spring.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts