Whats better than naim muso 2 i want to upgrade it?

elf4o

Aug 25, 2022
Visit site
Hi everyone i own naim muso 2, but i am looking to upgrade it, since i dont justify the price tag price/per quality i receive. my unit is still brand new with warranty so i plan to sale it and get something else.

I live in rented place so i dont have big or huge space, do you think kef ls 50 wireless ii is good upgrade option or not?
If Kef wireless ls 50 ii is not a good option what you can reccomend i will preffer if possible all in one wireless solution , because my previous set ups was with cables which i dont like cables amps and things which consumes tons of space...
other option is KEF R3 ,or perlisten s4s , i am not sure if i will be able to afford them, 2nd option,
or kef meta, which i think will be not enough quality for me. i cant hear any of these speakers since they are not sold in my country so i will buy them online and import them from abroad.
any other options are welcomed.

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site
Hi, the speakers would give you a much larger sound stage, down side they are obviously larger and will make more sound.

The ls50 wireless is more like the muso in function.
Kef meta are same as the wireless with out the internal amps. So don’t know the where quality issue would be coming from. But they require a nice amp to get the best out them.

personally if you can’t listen to them I’d find some options in your country that can listen too. These are costly options that are easily returned if not liked losing you money.

Alternate brand you you may like that deliver pretty much everywhere is burchart audio and they do some active options. And they do a 30day in home listen and return policy. Well as least they used too.

hope that helps a little

elf4o

Aug 25, 2022
Visit site
Hey thanks for your reply Kef ls 50 wireless 2nd generation is much newer product than muso some of the amps inside are class a b some are d also its louder and cover more frequencies and its stereo compares to naim muso 2 which doesnt have stereo, how sbout kef r3 speakers or something else , arent they better compared to ls 50wireless ii second generation?

i am looking for someting extremely good i can cable route if neede to receive it. Not sure yet which brand i need to seek for speakers and amp.

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site
For the money the kefs are hard beat tbh. Down side they require an app to function at there best and your relying kef to carry on supporting the app well into the future, and judging by the first generation they dropped support the day the new versions were released.

If it where me (and it’s not) I’d listen to a bluesound power node 2i and the kef meta, should be roughly the same price as the as the wireless versions.

I don’t know where you are In world but there must be other options to look at. Jbl, revel are of similar quality to kef. Maybe klipsch. All options would I feel offer a clear step up from the naim.

as for the amp the usual suspects apply but marantz, rotel work well with kef and options in the line to suit all budgets

but if you like the way naim works and you have the budget prehaps look at than uniti atom. That works well with kef

find a dealer and take the time to listen to things.

elf4o

Aug 25, 2022
Visit site
I am in europe close to turkey. I AM from BG.
First generation kef, uses 2 apps, 2nd generation uses 1 app....
also speakers have cable option so you are not obligated to use only wireless stuff.

The thing is like that in my car i have expensive set up,

I have focal utopia tweeters, audison thesis sax ii speakers, arc rs 6.0 speakers, mosconi pro class ab amps.... audison sub pioneer made in japan player p99rs.... and they sound amazing
i can say several times better compared to Naim..........
and my car have 2 tweeters 4 speakers - 2 front 2 rear and 1 sub...
its an active set up without cross overs but not even properly configured...
No naim or kef dealers or they dont have any of the products i like in my country..
So my only option is to blind buy..

so i am looking for something high end
i use to own jbl in my car
made in year 1980s or 1970 their best car speakers made in the USA.
Newer ones are made either in china or other place quality is not there.........
Jbl is for the mass market i need something high end for audiophile market.

Hi everyone i own naim muso 2, but i am looking to upgrade it, since i dont justify the price tag price/per quality i receive. my unit is still brand new with warranty so i plan to sale it and get something else.

I live in rented place so i dont have big or huge space, do you think kef ls 50 wireless ii is good upgrade option or not?
If Kef wireless ls 50 ii is not a good option what you can reccomend i will preffer if possible all in one wireless solution , because my previous set ups was with cables which i dont like cables amps and things which consumes tons of space...
other option is KEF R3 ,or perlisten s4s , i am not sure if i will be able to afford them, 2nd option,
or kef meta, which i think will be not enough quality for me. i cant hear any of these speakers since they are not sold in my country so i will buy them online and import them from abroad.
any other options are welcomed.
Are you looking for smaller speakers or a better amp than the Naim?

What brands are available local to you?

elf4o

Aug 25, 2022
Visit site
Are you looking for smaller speakers or a better amp than the Naim?

What brands are available local to you?
Hello i can import everything either from Europe or Usa i dont have any brand preferences,
i have space only for book shelve speakers
my room is not too big to have bigger tower speakers,
i will preffer if possible these book shelve speakers to be 3 way...

My current musical box is Naim muso 2 - it have 450w class d amp , probably way less and 5-6 small tiny speakers its a music box wireless so only 1 cable for power and thats it.

Hello i can import everything either from Europe or Usa i dont have any brand preferences,
i have space only for book shelve speakers
my room is not too big to have bigger tower speakers,
i will preffer if possible these book shelve speakers to be 3 way...

My current musical box is Naim muso 2 - it have 450w class d amp , probably way less and 5-6 small tiny speakers its a music box wireless so only 1 cable for power and thats it.
Where are you located? Unless you live in the Antarctic I can't believe you don't have brands within reasonable travelling distance.
Please answer the question and there might be a simpler solution to your dilemma.

elf4o

Aug 25, 2022
Visit site
Where are you located? Unless you live in the Antarctic I can't believe you don't have brands within reasonable travelling distance.
Please answer the question and there might be a simpler solution to your dilemma.
Hi as i mentioned in the past i live in BG, which is in Europe, we are extremely small market,
here our national salary is around 300$ per month, so people dont want to spend on expensive audiophile gear, so such brick and mortar stores doesnt exists to have expensive audio gear in place.
Specially kef ls 50 ii i asked most brick and mortar stores and i also spoke with KEF already...
same story with reference speakers and other high end. Thats why i order them from abroad and enjoy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts