B&W 606 S2 desktop speaker stand recommendation

turbohobbit

May 12, 2016
Visit site
Evening all,. I have a pair of B&W 606 S2 speakers currently sat on my TV cabinet that need raising about 30cm or so but for various reasons - not least limited space in my living room and increased likelihood of divorce - floor-mounted stands aren't an option for me. I've been looking for desktop / "low rise" stands but I'm struggling to find any that will accommodate the 606's generous footprint. So, I have two questions:

1. Does the the top plate of a stand have to cover the whole base of the speaker or is it ok for the speaker footprint to be bigger than the plate?
2. Does anyone have any recommendations for stands (other than "get smaller speakers" - I like my 606s too much to consider that!) that might fit the bill?

Many thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Evening all,. I have a pair of B&W 606 S2 speakers currently sat on my TV cabinet that need raising about 30cm or so but for various reasons - not least limited space in my living room and increased likelihood of divorce - floor-mounted stands aren't an option for me. I've been looking for desktop / "low rise" stands but I'm struggling to find any that will accommodate the 606's generous footprint. So, I have two questions:

1. Does the the top plate of a stand have to cover the whole base of the speaker or is it ok for the speaker footprint to be bigger than the plate?
2. Does anyone have any recommendations for stands (other than "get smaller speakers" - I like my 606s too much to consider that!) that might fit the bill?

Many thanks in advance!
The top plate can be smaller than the speakers dimensions with no issues.

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site

Many thanks in advance!
If you’re somewhat handy make you own out of a sheet good quality 20mm plywood. Flat top with risers like shown above. Probably cost 20quid and 2 hours of your time.

rainsoothe

Look up Iso Acoustics Iso 155 (or their more expensive and better looking other ones, forgot their name). Just be careful when you assemble them, because they're pretty hard to dismantle. Maybe you can get them from the SH market, since 100 pounds or whatever it is they're going for these days is a bit much, but they're very effective indeed.

Reactions: turbohobbit
Look up Iso Acoustics Iso 155 (or their more expensive and better looking other ones, forgot their name). Just be careful when you assemble them, because they're pretty hard to dismantle. Maybe you can get them from the SH market, since 100 pounds or whatever it is they're going for these days is a bit much, but they're very effective indeed.
Good call! I was trying to remember the name when I saw this post, but you’ve got it.

AJM1981

Personally I prefer the top plate a fraction smaller than the footprint of the loudspeaker. It looks more of a joint unity that way instead of a stand and a loudspeaker on top. If that makes any sense.

Many thanks in advance!
Anything that fits to the previous comment would be on my shortlist.

Don’t forget to take your interior style into account and the color of the loudspeaker to match with the stands. You have to look at it every day, so it should be something you like as in a uniform look. Maybe also consider some tripod stands if they fit into your budget. Purely optical and optional

Reactions: turbohobbit

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts