Speaker Stand Question

mattc76

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
Hello! Just a quickie - my speaker stands have spikes but they are on thick carpet. Therefore the spikes sink into the carpet and the base plate of the stand sits happily (with all its weight it would seem) on the carpet itself. Are the spikes therefore pointless in this situation because my understanding of spikes is that they should isolate the speaker and the stand from everything else and therefore reduce unwanted floor vibrations etc which in this case it would seem they are not?! Should I therefore get some sort of "slab" for the spikes to sit on (or even put 2p coins underneath each spike!?)

Ta!

a91gti

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
You would probably benefit from something firm under the spikes, yes. As to what you use try the coins first as slabs may affect the sound more.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Ahh, meant to reply to this the other night but must have forgotten. Yes, agree completely with taxiboy.

Hmmm, now I'm asking myself why I bothered replying to say that... life is very confusing!

mattc76

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="taxiboy"]You would probably benefit from something firm under the spikes, yes. As to what you use try the coins first as slabs may affect the sound more.[/quote]

Cheers, I'll give it a go!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts