Andreb

Feb 7, 2022
Visit site
Hi! I was wondering which floorstanding speakers between 2000 and 3000 eur (1690-2 536 gbp) are a good match with cambridge audio cxa81?
Dont want the treble to become too bright, the mids not to have too much bass so the voices sound unatural.
Thanks!

I cannot remember how many times I have said you don't necessarily buy speakers to match an amp, unless you have some very low output valve device, you get speakers that work with you room.
The Cambridge has enough power to drive most....
You don't mention your room size so cannot help here. Go out and audition would be my advice. If you are spending this sort of money you have to. Buy local, by that I mean don't pay over inflated import duties on foreign speakers and the like, a nd certainly not those you cannot return to a local dealer should the y go wrong......
Can you audition any where you live?
Speakers, room, and your hearing are so individual that you have to audition yourself. Sure I could recommend my usual go-to speakers in this price bracket but there is never any guarantee they are going to work for you, unfortunately it's not that easy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tinman1952
Hi! I was wondering which floorstanding speakers between 2000 and 3000 eur (1690-2 536 gbp) are a good match with cambridge audio cxa81?
Dont want the treble to become too bright, the mids not to have too much bass so the voices sound unatural.
Thanks!
Where did you buy the Cambridge from? If a dealer perhaps contact them, or any local dealer and demo a few different brands

Loverobot

Jan 2, 2022
Visit site
I have a pair of Dali Opticon 6 mk2 floorstanders paired with the CXA81 and am really happy with them though I defer to wiser people than me re room matching and system matching
What I will say is that the source also makes a huge difference so I guess its the whole combo of source/amp/speakers and room as well as your individual ears. I think auditioning is the only true way without accepting an element of lottery

TRENDING THREADS