speaker connectors

Mr beck

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi there everyone,

Ive upgraded my speaker cables and put speaker connectors on the amp end and speaker end of the cables, and ive noticed a sound difference, my question is, has anyone else had this same sound changes with adding speaker connectors, I notice the s in tracks go more like Ssssssssss. i guess im just learning really but would love some imput on this.

many thanks

david

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Take it you mean banana plugs, or similar? I've done the same at the speaker end to simplify shifting the speakers when vacuuming, but I can't say I noticed any difference with the sound. Used to read a lot of reviews that said banana plugs should improve the sound but if anything I always figured they should do the opposite, although in reality I never heard any difference.

Mr beck

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
I gusse adding more sold copper or whatever it is the banana plug are made of changes the sound slightly. i will try and see by changing them again.

MajorFubar said:
Take it you mean banana plugs, or similar? I've done the same at the speaker end to simplify shifting the speakers when vacuuming, but I can't say I noticed any difference with the sound. Used to read a lot of reviews that said banana plugs should improve the sound but if anything I always figured they should do the opposite, although in reality I never heard any difference.

I read similar about spades but never got on with any cables terminated with same, found they worked loose to easily. Then experimented with ' less is best' in the way of connections and went bare wired. Could not hear any difference but could with different cables. I now stick with good quality banana plugs at each end for convenience especially as my current cables came factory terminated this way.

Mr beck

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
hi,

Im not sure there is a great deal of difference after changing back again, just a very small amount, and i think im gonna be keeping the connectors. thanks for all your imput guys :)

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
In 2 hours a difference is reduced to very little. More than anything it suggests to me all those evil brain gremlins at work. Mood and state of mind. Expectation bias. Audible memory etc. The number of times I've tweaked, found improvement and changed my mind. An exude if needed to rely more on science and measurement more than the brains wicked trickery. :)

Mr beck

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
hi everyone,

Thank you for all your messages, I think the more I listen the more I notice, so I changed back to just bare wires on my speaker cable and its most definitley better sounding for me, its less silver sounding and more gold if you can imagine that. so I guess thats the end of that. no more fiddling for me its driving me mad lol im gonna just enjoy my music.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Mr beck said:
hi everyone,

Thank you for all your messages, I think the more I listen the more I notice, so I changed back to just bare wires on my speaker cable and its most definitley better sounding for me, its less silver sounding and more gold if you can imagine that.  so I guess thats the end of that.  no more fiddling for me its driving me mad lol   im gonna just enjoy my music.  

Thats all that matters the music

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
Mr beck said:
hi everyone,

Thank you for all your messages, I think the more I listen the more I notice, so I changed back to just bare wires on my speaker cable and its most definitley better sounding for me, its less silver sounding and more gold if you can imagine that. so I guess thats the end of that. no more fiddling for me its driving me mad lol im gonna just enjoy my music.

Thats all that matters the music

Well done, Andrew! You see, once you get it, it's easy peasy!
regular_smile.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts