Speaker cable suggestions please.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Well, my Monitor Audio RS6 & RSLCR's finally arrived - beautifully made and a truly sweet sound by the way - even fresh out of the box - cant wait for them to run in! So, now I need some decent cable - currently using a standard single cable connection with reasonable 80 strand no-brand job which I had from previous kit. I have a Denon AVR4306 so am going to bi-amp the RS6's and bi-wire the RSLCR. I've seen that you rate QED's Silver Anniversary XT and of course they do a bi-wire cable which is convenient. I'm in Australia however and the local price is a little over the top - A$780 (about £356 - for 3 x 3m, one bi-amp set / 1 bi-wire set with QED airloc plugs) - I can get these from HiFi Cables shipped to Aus for £240. My local dealer seemed to think this may be over-capitalising for the amp & speakers? What do you think? They have suggested Tara Labs - a US brand which although I understand are a large company, I've never heard of. Any opinions or alternate suggestions?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
AFAIK Tara Labs aren't distributed in the UK at the moment - unless someone knows better - so hard too comment.

The Australian price on the QEDs does seem a bit OTT, so I guess you will have to look elsewhere. I don't think the cable is OTT for the system at all, so if you can get them shipped for that price, and you're not going to get stung for import duties and the like, then it may be a viable buy.

It's a bit hard to make other suggestions not knowing what's available on the local market there - for some local knowledge you could try asking Nic Tatham of Audio Video Lifestyle magazine on his forum. He's an ex-WHF person, so you should get a good answer from him. Say hi from us and tell him we sent you!

A

Anonymous

Cheers Andrew, will do.

The other cable I had recommended was Chord Rumour. Are you familiar with this one?

A

Anonymous

Thanks for both suggestions. I'll see what the locals have to add.

TRENDING THREADS